• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Na5carr3

Still slicing.......

6 posts in this topic

Was static fit in the early to mid 90`s with one of those old ping carts. I was fit in Green Dot with plus half inch shaft. I also got the JZ shafts. I played those clubs up until last year. Then I went and got fit with the new in flight Ping. I have always had a slight fade to a slice in my swing. This past year I picked up a set of i20`s with KBS shafts in white dot. I have never hit the ball straighter. now my fade is returning with a hard slice from time to time. what am I doing wrong?:-O

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Slice is usually a result of being too fast or trying to kill it.I struggle with it myself.It shows up on my fairway woods when I slice them too or chunk it cause I am trying to get those extra yards(overswinging)

I have really let the club do the work over the last few years. I never try to kill it unless I'm in some deep stuff. I'm leaning to be more of a "swinger of the club" rather than a "hitter of the ball". Over the last couple of days since my first post I have been working on "grip". I have found that the "V" in my left hand was pointing to the left side of my neck. I now have it pointed to my right shoulder. I have not changed my swing at all, just my grip. There flying alot straighter and a couple yards farther as well. The club head is just more square at impact.

Sounds like you went from a weak grip to a strong grip.Might try that myself.

Originally Posted by Na5carr3

Was static fit in the early to mid 90`s with one of those old ping carts. I was fit in Green Dot with plus half inch shaft. I also got the JZ shafts. I played those clubs up until last year. Then I went and got fit with the new in flight Ping. I have always had a slight fade to a slice in my swing. This past year I picked up a set of i20`s with KBS shafts in white dot. I have never hit the ball straighter. now my fade is returning with a hard slice from time to time. what am I doing wrong?

you got a vid of your swing?

No video, I'm headed for that next.