IGNORED

Best Courses in West Palm Beach Area 2013

vdelo
Note: This thread is 3316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Taking an impromptu trip to West Palm Beach next week. I have been trying to find some nice public courses to play but am having trouble finding any current reviews of area courses. Planning on playing North Palm Beach and one course from PGA village other than that I have no idea where to play. If anyone could recommend some nice, reasonably priced, well maintained courses it would be much appreciated. I am willing to pay premium prices for a premium courses... However it seems like all of the top courses are private, resort, or near Miami or Orlando (a little further than I am willing to drive). Thanks for the recommendations!

Atlantis is a nice course. Check out Palm Beach Gardens Municipal. It's on Northlake Blvd. out west of the Beeline (Hwy 710). Definitely a unique track. Down to road is Boca Raton Muni, which is a well-kept course. Also check out Park Ridge in Lantana - it's a fairly new course built on an old landfill, which provides cool elevation changes not normally seen in So Fla.

http://www.pbcgov.com/parks/sports/golf/parkridge/#.UQ65PKXIU4c

http://www.golfnow.com/course-directory/florida-golf-courses/west-palm-beach-golf-courses/palm-beach-gardens-golf-course

You're coming down at the absolute height of the season when prices are their highest, but you should still be able to play those courses for under $50. The resorts are packed & expensive this time of year.

• 1 year later...

This thread is 2 years old, but I am gonna be on Singer Island/Palm Beach Shores at the end of February.  Are the suggestions above still valid? I would like to play somewhere nearby and inexpensively. Thanks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check out North Palm Beach GC on US 1 between Northlake Blvd and PGA Blvd. Atlantis is a good old course, one of my favorites. Abacoa GC in Jupiter off Donald Ross Rd There are several county run courses, of which Park Ridge and Okeeheelee are both good, not pricey, link in a previous post above

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Check out North Palm Beach GC on US 1 between Northlake Blvd and PGA Blvd.

Atlantis is a good old course, one of my favorites.

Abacoa GC in Jupiter off Donald Ross Rd

There are several county run courses, of which Park Ridge and Okeeheelee are both good, not pricey, link in a previous post above

North Palm Beach CC is 5 miles away. Might try that one. Maybe Palm Beach Gardens Municipal as well. Gonna try and get 3 rounds in. Thanks for the suggestions!

The best ones I've played are:

Westchester

North Palm Beach

Winston Trails

Atlantic National

President CC

These are the ones I'd recommend - and the ones I intend to play again this year, since I'm spending February in Florida. If there's other good courses, please let me know.

The best ones I've played are:

Westchester

North Palm Beach

Winston Trails

Atlantic National

President CC

These are the ones I'd recommend - and the ones I intend to play again this year, since I'm spending February in Florida. If there's other good courses, please let me know.

I had not heard of President CC. That's not too far from where I will be. I am not able to book any tee times for last week of February (tried North Palm Beach CC, Palm Beach Gardens Muni & just now President CC). Tried golfnow as well. I dont think they take reservations for more than a week in advance. Not sure why that is? I hope it wont be a problem later on.

I had not heard of President CC. That's not too far from where I will be. I am not able to book any tee times for last week of February (tried North Palm Beach CC, Palm Beach Gardens Muni & just now President CC). Tried golfnow as well. I dont think they take reservations for more than a week in advance. Not sure why that is? I hope it wont be a problem later on.

My friend is visiting Florida to see the Honda Classic with me and we're definitely playing President CC - pm me if you want to play with two duffers from Europe :)

I highly recommend you play Westchester CC, I think it might be the best of the bunch. And shouldn't be to far from you, I'm staying in Lake Worth and it was a 20-minute drive.

President is good, played it last month. Beware the ducks................on 15, we teed off, and we go to our balls. On the other side of the bridge is a bunch of ducks. Anyway, they take off, cracking jokes with my bud who is driving, next thing I know is I get a really hard slap on the right side of my face (enough to split my lip). Damn duck flew into my face sideways, then ends up flapping on the seat between us then on the floor by the pedals. Both of us are like Keystone Cops, cart is still moving.........the other 2 guys are behind us falling out of their cart they are laughing so hard! Too bad they didn't take a movie of it, they saw the duck heading our way.....it was totally hilarious No ducks were harmed during this episode, he flew off, a little sideways at first but he shook it off.

Best regards,  Frank

My friend is visiting Florida to see the Honda Classic with me and we're definitely playing President CC - pm me if you want to play with two duffers from Europe :)

Going to Honda Classic too. Just PM'd you..

Everyone is saying North Palm Beach CC--I didn't think it was that special.  Seemed to me like a lot of artificial elevation change that didn't fit in with the feel of the golf course. That said, it was pretty fun (maybe that's because I shot 69 the one and only time I teed it up there).  Grass and greens were good, but that's probably true of most Palm Beach area courses.

I really liked Abacoa in Jupiter.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Everyone is saying North Palm Beach CC--I didn't think it was that special.  Seemed to me like a lot of artificial elevation change that didn't fit in with the feel of the golf course. That said, it was pretty fun (maybe that's because I shot 69 the one and only time I teed it up there).  Grass and greens were good, but that's probably true of most Palm Beach area courses. I really liked Abacoa in Jupiter.

Abacoa... Thanks for the tip. I'll try that one as well. Has anyone here played Seminole Golf Club? A friend of mine is coming over two weeks from now and I need to come up with 8 courses to play with him. Still missing a few possible ones - and depends on the price tag as well, everything seems to be pretty expensive right now. I've already invited baw1 to join us - if there's someone else willing to play, feel free to join in.

I'm pretty sure Seminole is private. It's probably one of the top ten tracks in the country, which is meaningless if you can't play it.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I'm pretty sure Seminole is private. It's probably one of the top ten tracks in the country, which is meaningless if you can't play it.

Aah, ok, thanks for the info. Anyway, the courses I'm planning to take my friend to are: North Palm Westchester Polo Trace Winston Trails Atlantic National President CC And two others, depending on the rates. Abacoa possibly. All suggestions are appreciated.

Played Abacoa yesterday, it is in great shape. Think it is $105 per, 11:39 tee time, one of my vendors footed the bill.

Best regards,  Frank

Played Abacoa yesterday, it is in great shape. Think it is $105 per, 11:39 tee time, one of my vendors footed the bill.

Thanks. Have you played any of the courses I listed? How does Abacoa, in your opinion, compare to them?

Note: This thread is 3316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!