IGNORED

Best Courses in West Palm Beach Area 2013

vdelo
Note: This thread is 3338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have played North Palm, President, and Winston Trails. Winston trails was back in the late 1990s IIRC. Did not like it, tight fairways, just off the fairways the grass was about 3 inches and you would lose your ball in it. President is a fun, old course. I am partial to North Palm as it has elevation changes, rare down here. Have only played it after Nicklaus redid the course. Abacoa I played several times when it first opened about 15 years ago, guest of one of the builders, did not really like it back then, again about 10 years ago, was so-so about it. Came back last year using the driving range a bunch of times when I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Thought to myself, it has been a while, maybe I should give it a go again, as the course has matured. Played it just before Thanksgiving, it was in great shape, except the range was closed as they were rebuilding it after 15 years. Now all is open, played it yesterday, was great. Back when it opened, the "club house" was a small trailer located where the food shack at the turn is nowadays. Given my choice it would be either North Palm or Abacoa, with President third. The others you listed I have not played, or do not remember playing them. Have played 3 of the PGA national courses, they are good too, but the best one I played a lot was Cypress Links, a very close friend was a member there. Awesome course, now called The Dye Preserve (private)

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

I played North Palm Beach CC, The President CC, & Palm Beach Gardens Golf courses this past week. Here is my feedback.

North Palm Beach:

• Very nice course aesthetically
  • Only 5-day advance booking and no advance booking if single
  • Surprisingly busy in afternoons
  • Pricey for a public non-resort type course

President:

• Lots of water on many different holes
  • Staff a little laid back and pro shop not particularly interested/engaged
  • On several greens there were workers removing/clearing stuff (which is good I guess), but were not aware of our group about to make approach shots. Could not care less in fact.
  • Greens fairly slow

Palm Beach Gardens Golf Course:

• Driving range is actually a lake! Small islands to aim for
  • Plentiful staff and well trained and on top of things
  • Alligators swimming in water hazards! DO NOT try and fetch your ball. Not worth it!
  • Greens very slow

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!