• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shortylook

Club lists

3 posts in this topic

How do you guys list your clubs at the bottom of your posts. I wanna put my weapons on there too

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Click on "My Profile" and then "edit profile" and scroll down the page until you get to "Forum Signature" which will allow you to add your clubs etc. If you want to add the company logos they are in with the emoticons (smileys).

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • My Swing (coop6)
      @coop6 The glaring issue is you are shutting the clubface immediately after impact. Many tour players are holding the face square until halfway up on the forward swing, some even open the face after impact. I have seen a few that shut the face as well but it happens a bit later. I was doing this because my club face was too open at the top. The reason you're doing this is because on the downswing, your body is not bringing the club to the ball. Your upper body should turn and begin moving the arms through. The body should lead and pull the arms, however this does not suggest the arms should trail too much that they become disconnected. Teaching pros argue all the time whether the swing is a oull or a push. Many say it is a pull, because the modern swing is taught to have the body pull the arms as much as possible, especially for power in younger golfers. However the old school still calls it a push, because there is always connection. Remember the body guides where the arms should be going. The body must go first where the arms will follow close behind. If you look at your swing, you can see from the top your arms drop down, which is great as it prevents over the top and promotes dead hands. The problem is the body isn't leading or pulling. The body isn't doing enough on the downswing. Look at the forward swing, it is mostly arms. The arms are going where the body has never been before. Don't let the arms go where the body hasn't been.
    • Anybody play golf without keeping score on a regular basis?
      I normally keep a true and accurate score even though I don't belong to a club, don't have an established handicap, and don't play in any tournaments. Still, if I'm playing my usual casual round...and really playing terribly, I'll occasionally toss the scorecard in the trash. It helps me concentrate on just hitting good shots instead of focusing on making a particular score...and my game usually improves somewhat....
    • My Swing (saevel25)
      No problem! Excellent progress.
    • How to eliminate blowup holes
      Here's my approach to eliminating the big numbers. Work hard on putting and chipping. I've always maintained that anyone can learn to chip and putt. Its the only part of the game that takes zero athletic ability....just practice, technique and confidence. I miss a lot more greens than I hit...but I make a lot of pars with a chip and a putt (or a very long 2 putt). Even if I don't make par, I often have tap in bogeys. Know your strengths and weaknesses...and be honest with yourself. Use that information to determine your "go to" shots. I'm a lousy iron player, but pretty consistent with the fairway woods. If I'm having one of those days where I'm doing nothing with the irons but hitting fat shots and shanks, I'll start hitting fairway woods off the tee in order to have a fairway wood for a 2nd shot (I carry 3, 5 and 6 woods). Even if I miss the green from that distance, I'll usually be withing chip and putt range (see the last paragraph). I'm normally pretty straight with those fairway woods, but can hit a fade or slice at will....but not a draw. If I'm in a spot that requires a draw to hit the green I'll aim for a spot short of the green (or even right of the green) that I know I can hit. Then try my best to make par from there - and be please with bogey. If I'm on the other side of the fairway and need to bend it to the right I'll be more aggressive since that's a high percentage shot for me. I've had days where I'm hitting my irons so poorly, I'll resort to playing bump-and-run any place I can. Yeah, it makes me feel like a chump when I'm bumping a 7 iron from 100 yards instead of flying a wedge in there....but not a much of a chump as hacking the wedge around and making a double or triple.
    • My Swing (saevel25)
      Thank you for your opinion. I have things I am working on that I am committed to 100%. I am going to continue on what I am working on. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries