IGNORED

Do you like to play with new people?

twug
Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like playing with new people in the same skill area as you?

• Yes, it's fun to play with strangers while on vacation
    • Yes, it's fun to play with strangers even when I have friends available
    • No, I like to play with friends

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

yesterday starter joined a single w/ our 3-some....he shot a 101.....how is that fair to a threesome who were subjected to that bad golf for 4+ hours?

Glad to see your viewpoint is firmly in the minority.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yesterday starter joined a single w/ our 3-some....he shot a 101.....how is that fair to a threesome who were subjected to that bad golf for 4+ hours?

Like you never shot 101+.

Bill M

Originally Posted by k-troop

Umm, that's an average score.  And if you play on a public course with a threesome, you have to expect a joiner.

Originally Posted by MacDutch

So that's max one extra shot on every hole compared to your score.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I suppose that you never played that badly, even when just starting out?

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Glad to see your viewpoint is firmly in the minority.

Originally Posted by phan52

Like you never shot 101+.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

I think he was being sarcastic.

You're making an unsupported assumption.  There is nothing in the tone of his post that would lead anyone to that conclusion.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You're making an unsupported assumption.  There is nothing in the tone of his post that would lead anyone to that conclusion.

His first post was a picture of Holly Saunders.  That, the ridiculous nature of his post, and my general preference to give people the benefit of the doubt is enough for me to feel comfortable saying " I think he is being sarcastic."

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

His first post was a picture of Holly Saunders.  That, the ridiculous nature of his post, and my general preference to give people the benefit of the doubt is enough for me to feel comfortable saying "I think he is being sarcastic."

The Holly Saunders stuff seems to put some people on edge, not sure why, I say bring on the Holly pics!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

The Holly Saunders stuff seems to put some people on edge, not sure why, I say bring on the Holly pics!!

How about Win McMurray? She's welcome in my group.

Bill M

What is she doing with that pencil?  Who comes up with this stuff?  "Now, I want you to stand over by the bunker, take that pencil, point it at your face, and stare off into the distance.  Ooooh, yeeeaah.  Thaaat's it."

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

What is she doing with that pencil?  Who comes up with this stuff?  "Now, I want you to stand over by the bunker, take that pencil, point it at your face, and stare off into the distance.  Ooooh, yeeeaah.  Thaaat's it."

Air-counting to a 7?

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Looks like she is trying to figure out her score on the hole. Or maybe on which hole I will score? Yeah, that's it!

Bill M

She's coming to Tampa tomorrow. Annual golf fest -

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/golf/camps/golffest-2011.aspx

I've been going the last couple of years. Annika showed up last year - I got a front row seat on that one.

She's coming to Tampa tomorrow. Annual golf fest - [URL=http://www.tampabaydowns.com/golf/camps/golffest-2011.aspx]http://www.tampabaydowns.com/golf/camps/golffest-2011.aspx[/URL] I've been going the last couple of years. Annika showed up last year - I got a front row seat on that one.

Just out of curiosity, if she shoots over 100 are you going to heckle her? You know, for being subjected to 4 hours of terrible golf?

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by meenman

Have to agree. A few weeks ago I was playing with a couple friends and had an elderly lady paired with us.

My only complaint was that I didnt light up a cigar because she was riding with me, but we actually had a good time. (And she was a much faster player than my 2 friends)

We've got a core group of senior ladies that get around the course quickly.   I've been behind them before waiting on the first tee when paired with non-members.  It gives me a chuckle when they grumble..... "oh great, look what we are stuck behind." I'll say to him that don't need to worry about them.  And then my group struggles to maintain pace because the guy grumbling is too slow to keep up.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

We've got a core group of senior ladies that get around the course quickly.   I've been behind them before waiting on the first tee when paired with non-members.  It gives me a chuckle when they grumble....."oh great, look what we are stuck behind."    I'll say to him that don't need to worry about them.  And then my group struggles to maintain pace because the guy grumbling is too slow to keep up.  LOL

There's a group of 50-60 year old, 4 ft tall Korean ladies that walk at our club, and they're surprisingly fast as well.  Faster than 90% of the average players around here.  They don't waste any time, and from what I've seen, they actually don't play too bad.  Now their husbands, who play from the blue tees at 7001 yards are a different story.  They don't hit the ball far enough or well enough to play from back there, and always back up the course behind them.  I wish the ladies would give them some lessons on how to play faster.

I can play with just about anyone, but its not a lot of fun for me to play with really bad players. If someone can break 100 and at least advance the ball each time I can play with them. What I can't deal with is someone who has to hit the ball 4 times before we get to my drive. That's gets old in a hurry.

That being said I still prefer to play with friends, although I have had some great rounds with strangers.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Women are usually pretty quick because they don't have to chase the ball all over the course. Less drastic misses, tend to hit short and straight, don't fart around on the course like guys do. There's a bunch of older, bogey handicap level women and my parents club. They can be tough to keep up with.

Dave :-)

We've got a core group of senior ladies that get around the course quickly.   I've been behind them before waiting on the first tee when paired with non-members.  It gives me a chuckle when they grumble..... "oh great, look what we are stuck behind." I'll say to him that don't need to worry about them.  And then my group struggles to maintain pace because the guy grumbling is too slow to keep up.  LOL

I have found that it is a good motivator for pokey players to be playing behind women who play at a good pace.

Bill M

Even more motivated to catch up if it's the lady in Buckeye's avatar.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!