IGNORED

Why isn't Tiger in more events?

Satch
Note: This thread is 4085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger I think should be in some more events early in the year. Its just not the same without Tiger on the t.v. What do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

In the Bag:

Driver:  10.5 Superfast Burner 2.0

3 Wood:  15 Fairway Launcher

4 Hybrid:  22 Rescue

4-PW Irons:  RocketBallz Irons

Wedges:  588 Reg

Putter:  Backstryke Marxman

Balls:  Z-Star

Glove:  Weathersof

Originally Posted by Satch

Tiger I think should be in some more events early in the year. Its just not the same without Tiger on the t.v. What do you guys think?

I don't care so much for the word should, because he's a grown man who doesn't need the money and should do whatever he pleases, but yeah, for our sake, it'd be nice if he played in more events.  Same goes for Rory, and all of the other top guys.

For example, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lee Westwood was in the field this week at Pebble.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't care so much for the word should, because he's a grown man who doesn't need the money and should do whatever he pleases, but yeah, for our sake, it'd be nice if he played in more events.  Same goes for Rory, and all of the other top guys.

For example, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lee Westwood was in the field this week at Pebble.

He doesn't need the money? More like the sponsors can't afford to shell out 3 million bucks for his appearance fee without a guarantee he'll even be there on the weekend. Unless it's a major or helps him get ready for a major, he doesn't give a damn.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

He doesn't need the money? More like the sponsors can't afford to shell out 3 million bucks for his appearance fee without a guarantee he'll even be there on the weekend. Unless it's a major or helps him get ready for a major, he doesn't give a damn.

Are you saying that Tiger automatically gets paid an additional $3 million (give or take 1) for every tournament he plays in. I thought that was just for the Dubai stuff across the world.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying he needs the money, I just want to be able to watch him on t.v. almost every Thursday through Sunday. He makes golf on t.v. so much better

In the Bag:

Driver:  10.5 Superfast Burner 2.0

3 Wood:  15 Fairway Launcher

4 Hybrid:  22 Rescue

4-PW Irons:  RocketBallz Irons

Wedges:  588 Reg

Putter:  Backstryke Marxman

Balls:  Z-Star

Glove:  Weathersof

Are you saying that Tiger automatically gets paid an additional $3 million (give or take 1) for every tournament he plays in. I thought that was just for the Dubai stuff across the world.

Yeah, there are no appearance fees on the PGA tour as far as I know.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

This is an uninformed comment.  The Tour doesn't pay appearance fees.  Tiger doesn't need them anyway - he gets more from his sponsors in addition to whatever he usually makes from his finish spot in the field.  Even after the divorce he isn't hurting for money.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I like when he's not in the field. They actually show a variety of golfers then instead of every shot, replay, stride down the fairway and even snack consumed by Tiger. He is fun to watch, buy the coverage is WAY overdone.

Hes never really played as many events as everyone else would like him to. But at this point, my guess would be...He has certain events that he likes and he will play those (Firestone, Bay Hill, etc). He has certain events that he feels gets him prepared to win majors and he will play those. He has certain events that he is tied to financially whether it be his own event or some "pay for play" thing. He will obviously play the majors. He now has to work his schedule around the times he will have his kids. He has mentioned this virtually every time hes been asked about his schedule since the divorce.

9032LS  Driver Speedline Fast 10 3w  2009 TP  3-PW

Tour Action 588 60* and 56*  Reg 588 50*  Classic #1 Black  Gamer V2

Originally Posted by irishmike27

I like when he's not in the field. They actually show a variety of golfers then instead of every shot, replay, stride down the fairway and even snack consumed by Tiger. He is fun to watch, buy the coverage is WAY overdone.

For hardcore golf fans, this comment makes a lot of sense. I suppose a good chuck of people wont watch unless Tiger is playing, but I don't think that applies to say, people that regularly contribute to a golf forum....

Tiger rarely plays the west coast swing events.......aside from torrey pines.   He did play 19 events last year and will probably play in a similar number this year which is pretty good for a top player.  Heck......jack rarely played in more than 15!!!!   Tiger sticks to the more prestigious events and skips the Bob Hopes/John Deers and all those...

I personally would like to see him try to get the monkey off his back at Riviera, but that probably won't happen.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I got invited to play golf for the first time late in 2006, and fell in love with the game by the third hole. A best ball tournament, started on the tenth, hit "that" lucky shot on the 13 th . I was hooked.

I got to play two more time before winter set in and got addicted to Golf on TV during the winter. Tiger seemed to be able to do no wrong and I cheered him on at that time.

Then suddenly there’s no more Tiger on TV, and I started to appreciate the rest of the players more and more. Now that he’s back and its not like "just hand him the trophy on Thursday mornings", I still haven’t gone back to being a Tiger follower, and I don’t think I will.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

There is no secret to Tigers schedule, he plans it to peak four times a year for the majors. He plans his season to tie in with this perfectly, and personally I would rather see him turn up and shoot the lights out of Augusta than play good golf now. I think its nice to watch the developing players coming through this time of year such as Ricardo Santos and Chris Wood etc.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Satch

I think that in the 9 or more days since you joined you should have made lots more than 9 posts because the board is just not the same without a lot of your posts.

Sounds kind of silly.

Tiger Woods has no responsibility to make it more interesting for you.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

im surprised he didnt play this week to be honest.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Greetings ..... How much this plays into Tiger's decision-making one can not say, but other factors aside I personally feel that the existence of the WGC events (originally 3, now 4 with HSBC Champions now an official event) as well as the four Fed Ex Cup play-off events chew up nearly half of his annual PGA Tour playing schedule. Take away those events, save maybe for the Tour Championship if he deems it worth his while to play, and perhaps -- (that's a big perhaps) -- he might play in more different events. Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

Note: This thread is 4085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!