IGNORED

Bobby Clampett DVD "Impact Zone"

dsc123
Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the part above about educating students.  Helps them be more dedicated about why they're trying to make changes.

Here's some video from the PGA Show.  Some great stuff, some of it I disagree with.  Can't deny he's passionate about getting golfers better.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Based on my limited knowledge of each (read Clampett's book, hang out at the Sand Trap), I think there are more similarities than differences in Clampett's Impact Zone and the 5 Simple Keys:

Clampett's Swing Dynamics:

1. Flat left wrist

2. Forward swing bottom

3. Loading (wrist cock in backswing)

4. Lag and body pivot in downswing

5. Straight plane line

5 Simple Keys:

1. Steady head

2. Weight forward at impact

3. Flat left wrist

4. Sweetspot path

5. Clubface control

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Based on my limited knowledge of each (read Clampett's book, hang out at the Sand Trap), I think there are more similarities than differences in Clampett's Impact Zone and the 5 Simple Keys:

Clampett's Swing Dynamics:

1. Flat left wrist

2. Forward swing bottom

3. Loading (wrist cock in backswing)

4. Lag and body pivot in downswing

5. Straight plane line

5 Simple Keys:

1. Steady head

2. Weight forward at impact

3. Flat left wrist

4. Sweetspot path

5. Clubface control

You mean 5SK ripped off TIZ too????

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

You mean 5SK ripped off TIZ too????

Yep. We also invented time travel so we could go into the future and learn his five things, replace the bad ones to improve them, then release it a year beforehand.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Yep. We also invented time travel so we could go into the future and learn his five things, replace the bad ones to improve them, then release it a year beforehand.

Can you use that time machine to go back in time and stop Mrs.Kanwar from eating all those funky looking mushrooms?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Can you use that time machine to go back in time and stop Mrs.Kanwar from eating all those funky looking mushrooms?

HAha. You should try playing golf after having gold top soup. Nice!

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

HAha. You should try playing golf after having gold top soup. Nice!

Gold Top Soup? Would that be Fosters??

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

Back on topic please.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Back on topic please.

Sorry my bad. While I love the message in the Impact Zone, I found it a little thin on the instructional/technique side. Certainly a worth while read as it completely changed the way I approach practice and the golf swing in general, but I'm not sure how much added value you would get from a DVD set. Basically I feel the book could have been reduced to a single chapter without losing anything. Not to come off as a brown noser but I'm saving up for 5sk as I feel it will work perfectly in tandem with the concepts of TIZ with a much higher level of instruction.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by iacas

Now be fair, Erik. The Impact Zone book came out in 2007.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Harmonious

Now be fair, Erik. The Impact Zone book came out in 2007.

And the entire book can be summarized as "move low point farther forward."

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!