IGNORED

2013 Northern Trust Open at Riviera Country Club Discussion Thread including Inside the Ropes Pics and Video!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unfortunately have to slum it around Riviera for the practice round Had a great time today walking the course and taking pics.  This was my first time being at Riviera and the course is amazing.  Firont nine is incredible imo.  Each hole has it's own feel and character.  I'm going to post the player's pics first and then the course pics and the second post.

Video of pro's swings can be found on this thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/64790/pga-tour-pro-swings-thread-2013-northern-trust-open...enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great pics! Riviera is a very good test of golf, and it gets forgotten in the early-season schedule. The field for this year's event is very strong, and I'm looking forward to seeing Luke Donald and a few others for the first time this season. Lee Westwood played okay at Pebble, but I'm picking him to contend and possibly win this week.

Hole #1

Hole #2

Hole #3

Hole #4

Hole #5

Hole #6

Hole #8

Hole #9

Hole #10

Hole #11

Hole #12

Hole #13

Hole #15

Hole #16

Hole #17

Hole #18

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

I can't wait. If the weather holds up, I'll be going, probably on Saturday. First attending of a golf tournament since the 2010 Tiger Challenge. I have good memories of attending past instances of this event.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Glad you guys enjoy the pics For video of the pro's swings go here http://thesandtrap.com/t/64790/pga-tour-pro-swings-thread-2013-northern-trust-open

Originally Posted by clarkeycats

Superb photos, thanks for sharing. Surprised there arent more people at the practise days. Looks like its gonna be a strong field this weekend.

Monday is usually a slow day, most guys don't even play 18 and some of the bigger name guys don't even show up until Tuesday.  Security told me to park wherever I wanted, drove right in the front gate.  Tomorrow's a different story.  If you really want to see what the best players in the world look like and how they hit it, practice days are the best, especially Tuesdays.  No Pro-Ams on Tuesday lol

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks for the pictures and close-ups of the player's bag. Love those Titleist wedges.

I enjoy practice rounds - I've gone to the Players', Masters, Bayhill, and a few others (Champions Tour, Euro Tour), and have always had a better time than during the actual tournament.  Players are relaxed, often talk to spectators, and you get some good opportunities for pictures.

The tour comes to my neck of the woods in a few weeks, and I'll be out there in full force. Pretty pathetic being a golf groupie.

Great pics, thanks for sharing Mike!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Love this tournament!  Watched some of the replay of last year's final round last night and was reminded how difficult the course is.  The winner(s) last year finished 72 holes at 7 under par!  How often does that happen outside of the Opens?

Love the 10th hole ... the "driveable" (though not really) par 4 that is barely over 300 yards and isn't even remotely close to being considered an easy "birdie" hole.  The 18th and it's natural ampitheater setting is also a fantastic way to finish.

Why am I sitting here at work instead of out there at the course?  Hmmm ... I got no answer to that.

• Upvote 1

Hoping Adam Scott can start the year of well with a win !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!