IGNORED

My Swing (jbishop15)

jbishop15

Don't take much stock in what your divots are doing. Where they occur matter more than what they look like, making sure they happen after the ball.  Also, what iron are you using in that set up?  I would say you have the ball too far back and standing too close, if that is were your feet are at when you set up to the ball.

I don't usually pay them any mind, but the divot being so far right of where I had it teed up concerned me. No, I don't usually stand that close. That's just me standing over it to take the photo. It happens pretty much every time I hit an iron off the tee.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it causing you trouble with your shot? I would be concerned about shanks with that much difference. I would say just move the ball slighly more forward and slightly more away from you.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Any video of the swing?

No, unfortunately. My tripod is MIA so I haven't been able to take any video while on the range.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I found my tripod! It was in the garage buried under a mountain of old tax forms, which explains why it took me so long to find it.

I was only able to take a little bit of video before my camera died. I wasn't able to take a better face on view, but for my purposes (working on keeping my head still) it worked well.

I stupid monkey'd for about an hour before my back made me call it quits.

FO

DTL

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the shanks, and it's awful.

I've been through this twice before, and it's awful.

I've narrowed it down to two possible causes:

Too close to the ball OR swinging too much out. I don't know which.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 2 months later...

Holy shit this is bad. No wonder I haven't been able to shoot well lately; I'm swinging like a thirty handicapper, and thats generous.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Club works too shallow on the backswing then you have to steepen it coming down. So I would recommend you hinge the club/wrists up sooner on the takeaway. A lot of this is explained in the first page of this thread.

First thing to do this is make sure the grip isn't palmy, the way your left wrist bows is a "clue" that you may need to get the heel pad more on top.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Club works too shallow on the backswing then you have to steepen it coming down. So I would recommend you hinge the club/wrists up sooner on the takeaway. A lot of this is explained in the first page of this thread.

First thing to do this is make sure the grip isn't palmy, the way your left wrist bows is a "clue" that you may need to get the heel pad more on top.

Frank and I worked on standing the club up so that it isn't so shallow going back.

I have a very palmy, very weak grip. It's something I've been reluctant to change but it's probably better to do so.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Frank and I worked on standing the club up so that it isn't so shallow going back.

I have a very palmy, very weak grip. It's something I've been reluctant to change but it's probably better to do so.

Changing the grip will certainly help with getting the club "up" sooner.

Mike McLoughlin

Took your advice @mvmac ; changed my grip. Helped alot.

I did this for a good while today. This is just an example.

Hit some balls, too, and the ball flight was better and more consistent.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

How's it look? This is basically where I am now.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

How's it look? This is basically where I am now.

Looks great, just keep rehearsing it and the "real swing" will start to look more and more like the practice swing.

Mike McLoughlin

A rehearsal practice swing before I hit my tee shot. I did this four or five times before I hit my ball, on almost every shot. This particular hole (I'm actually about fifteen yards away from the teebox, trying not to distract anyone while my father records the video) I hit a high chunk that landed in a bunker. Not great.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Shot 73 today, with a 3 under front and a 5 over back. Best I've ever shot, best I've ever hit the ball. It was really incredible.

Never a better reason to go back then shooting your lowest round ever.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Nice work!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Nice work!

Thanks man. First time I've broken 80 in two years, so it was a bit of a shock, lol.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag