IGNORED

2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL ... and looking at everybody's tiebreaker answers, apparently so did Mike ;) There is a couple of other pretty interesting answers there too ... somebody went all Price Is Right on us and chose "3" as the number of holes the final will last.  Somebody else also thought the final would last a week apparently because they chose "97" ;)  That would be epic! Looks like we have 39 entries.  Tiger Woods is, surprise, surprise, the most popular choice for winner, with 10.  Scwartzel has 6, Rose has 5, Rory has 4, Oosty has 3, McDowell 2, and it looks like if you chose somebody else, you were the only one.  :)

No suprise Tiger being the favorite, but really no one else took the Belgian Bomber? That is a suprise, he took the Euro match play last year pretty handlely and was a force at the Ryder Cup last year.

Originally Posted by Jspangler

No suprise Tiger being the favorite, but really no one else took the Belgian Bomber? That is a suprise, he took the Euro match play last year pretty handlely and was a force at the Ryder Cup last year.

I picked him in the US Open last year, and he was playing well until he stunk on Sunday, costing me my driver, so I am punishing him by putting him on the end of my bench.  He has to earn his way back in the game!

My new favorite European "sleeper" this year is Thorbjorn Olesen.  Somebody please tell me his nickname is simply Thor?  I don't like spelling people's names wrong, however, I don't know how to put in the o with the slash and don't like looking his name up all the time to see if I put the "J" in the right place.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL ... and looking at everybody's tiebreaker answers, apparently so did Mike ;)

Nah, he's just planning on them tying at least 17 consecutive holes in a row.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Jspangler

He had one super round at the Ryder Cup and was less than good in the other two rounds.

Olesen is going to be big, the Euro golf mags were touting him as one to watch a couple of years ago. Had a nice win last year and has been at the sharp end of tournaments this year.

Sky Sports still talking like there is going to be more golf today...... err no, put last years highlights on.

LOL ... and looking at everybody's tiebreaker answers, apparently so did Mike ;)

There is a couple of other pretty interesting answers there too ... somebody went all Price Is Right on us and chose "3" as the number of holes the final will last.  Somebody else also thought the final would last a week apparently because they chose "97" ;)  That would be epic!

Looks like we have 39 entries.  Tiger Woods is, surprise, surprise, the most popular choice for winner, with 10.  Scwartzel has 6, Rose has 5, Rory has 4, Oosty has 3, McDowell 2, and it looks like if you chose somebody else, you were the only one.  :)

97 was an answer!? Same dude definitely thought the Myans were on the mark and Area 51 is at the turn?

My new favorite European "sleeper" this year is Thorbjorn Olesen.  Somebody please tell me his nickname is simply Thor?  I don't like spelling people's names wrong

A couple of years ago it was Jacob Olesen. Full name Jacob Thorbjorn Olesen. Don't know why he changed from Jacob to Thorbjorn. Maybe to scare his matchplay opponents

Quote:

Nah, he's just planning on them tying at least 17 consecutive holes in a row.

It's called being nice and making sure I don't win cause I'm an owner of the site............... (yeah right)

Some pics from Tucson

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

It's called being nice and making sure I don't win cause I'm an owner of the site............... (yeah right)

Couple pics from Tucson

LOL!

Rules question ... If one of them put a snowboard or a pair of skis in their bag for tomorrow in case this happens again, is that considered a 15th or 15th and 16th club, and thus a rules violation?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Your avatar is crazy! LOL

Thanks! That's me on my backyard course. I have a tourney twice a year and we'd burn the years collection

of burnable debris. That was a couple years ago, now it's a sandtrap.

Eat like kings, drink like fish, golf like mulyaks

sorry, couldn't help myself...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

They cancelled today's round due to weather (snow).  Play will continue tomorrow...

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I picked him in the US Open last year, and he was playing well until he stunk on Sunday, costing me my driver, so I am punishing him by putting him on the end of my bench.  He has to earn his way back in the game!  My new favorite European "sleeper" this year is Thorbjorn Olesen.  Somebody please tell me his nickname is simply Thor?  I don't like spelling people's names wrong, however, I don't know how to put in the o with the slash and don't like looking his name up all the time to see if I put the "J" in the right place.

Olesens game does look to be in tip top shape the last couple tourneys I watched him in. Ill tell you what I saw a Nike add with all their players in the tourney and their team is stacked. Probably the best pro lineup in golf right now.

Zach Johnson might like this, he was getting cleaned out !!

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!