IGNORED

2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Blitz28179

I really wish we would see more match play in pro golf.I like it ALOT better than stroke play.The ryder cup is so much fun.Its a shame we only see it once every 2 years :(

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I agree, match play is more exciting to watch.  I do get the same feeling watching 2 guys in the same group battle for the win in a regular stroke play tournament.  I like the Ryder Cup being every 2 years, it gives me something to look forward to.  I think if it were every year it would lose a little something.

Match play is a great format, and I think I would enjoy playing it a lot more.  The Ryder Cup and Presidents Cups are great too, as is this ONE event.  But just remember what happens on the final day of a major non-team match play event.

We all complain all the time about Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller and David Feherty, and them only showing a small handful of golfers who are in contention down the stretch during a normal stroke play event.  On Sunday there are 2 guys playing golf for 4 hours.  4 if you count the consolation match, but they don't even show much of that thing, if I recall correctly.

There is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttt of down time between golf shots.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Match play is a great format, and I think I would enjoy playing it a lot more.

What format do you play with your buddies?

We play match play almost exclusively.  Usually just a little nassau.  Individual or 4-ball depending on the group.  Easy to handicap, and it tends to speed up the round as it's easy for someone to pick up if they're out of the hole.  No one is ever grinding over a 5 footer for triple.  Plus a bad hole is just that.....only one bad hole.

Just about the only time I ever play stroke play is in tournaments.

It IS worth noting that it's important to be honest in posting your scores for handicap.  If you're not careful, it'd be easy to post scores that are too low if you're picking up when out of a hole or when a hole is conceded......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

John Facenda Parody --- "Accenture Match Play ... a certain insanity lurks in the desert mud, snow and slush. The title itself speaks of snowball duels in parking lots, rather than of mastery on fairways and greens".

This even made shot of the day for Wednesday (2/20): [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nUuIRvpCt4[/VIDEO]

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It's a cold day in hell, errr, I mean it's a hellish day in the cold, errr, whatever ....

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by David in FL

What format do you play with your buddies?

We play match play almost exclusively.  Usually just a little nassau.  Individual or 4-ball depending on the group.  Easy to handicap, and it tends to speed up the round as it's easy for someone to pick up if they're out of the hole.  No one is ever grinding over a 5 footer for triple.  Plus a bad hole is just that.....only one bad hole.

Just about the only time I ever play stroke play is in tournaments.

It IS worth noting that it's important to be honest in posting your scores for handicap.  If you're not careful, it'd be easy to post scores that are too low if you're picking up when out of a hole or when a hole is conceded......

That's the thing ... I don't normally play any games with my buddies.  Next week, however, we are playing a fourball match that should be a lot of fun.  Hopefully, we can do that a lot more.

But typically I'm golfing with my dad and father in law that just don't have any interest in playing for anything.

With two little ones at home, I also have trouble finding time to play, so I don't have a regular game, and oftentimes when I do get out, I'm playing with strangers.

So, I'm just out there trying to score my best, and that's about it.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That's the thing ... I don't normally play any games with my buddies.  Next week, however, we are playing a fourball match that should be a lot of fun.  Hopefully, we can do that a lot more.

But typically I'm golfing with my dad and father in law that just don't have any interest in playing for anything.

With two little ones at home, I also have trouble finding time to play, so I don't have a regular game, and oftentimes when I do get out, I'm playing with strangers.

So, I'm just out there trying to score my best, and that's about it.

I've always said, I'd rather win $5 from one of my golf buddies than find a $100 bill on the ground!

In David's bag....

And we're playing golf again!

In David's bag....

2 up with a 12 foot putt to win the match on 16 and Garcia is gonna blow it out his butt, just to screw my bracket!

In David's bag....

What happened for Garcia VS Jaidee???

Thought it was easy win for Garcia....

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

Garcia won 1up after 20.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Wow. Russell Henley is for real!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!