IGNORED

New from the Lehigh Valley, PA

RobCWhatUp
Note: This thread is 4054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, I have been searching around for a nice golf community to chat and learn the game for quite sometime now.  I found a couple of forums but really found this one to be very educational and entertaining; so I decided to join.  A little about me, I picked up the game after my senior year in high school because I was a 3 sport athlete that needed to fill the void after I was done competing in high school.  I played recreational throughout college.  After college, I stopped playing for about 4 years (new jobs, moving, trying to find a career, etc.).  This past summer I decided to play a round with a couple of buddies because I was feeling the competitive itch again.  1 round turned into 2, which turned into 3, and so on and so forth.  I basically had to start all over again (wasn't very good to start but completely lost my swing after 4 years).  I was still using my starter set from 8 years ago so my progress was a little slow.  But, I love a challenge and fell in love with the game more than every before.  So I recently purchased a new set of irons (TaylorMade Burners 2.0) to finish phasing out all of my starter clubs.  Unfortunately, the Northeast weather hasn't allowed me to play a round with them yet.  I have been working hard to improve my game this off-season (was in the high 90s, low 100s throughout the season) and I have a goal to shoot in the low 90s this year.  I have never been more invested golf than I am right now. I look forward to talking golf and gaining some pointers from the community!!

P.S. - I have Dustin Johnson, Keegan Bradley, Tiger Woods, and Ian Poulter in my WGC Match Play Final Four.

Welcome RCWU! Come to the shore if you want to play during the winter - no snow here!

Yep, this is a pretty bitchin forum with lots of good insight in info. With that in mind, I will humbly offer a little tip: It's good to have a goal (low 90s this year), but don't let that goal overtake or get in the way of the primary goal - focusing on each and every shot.

Best of luck!

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Welcome RCWU! Come to the shore if you want to play during the winter - no snow here!

Yep, this is a pretty bitchin forum with lots of good insight in info. With that in mind, I will humbly offer a little tip: It's good to have a goal (low 90s this year), but don't let that goal overtake or get in the way of the primary goal - focusing on each and every shot.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the encouragement.  I agree with you about not letting the goal overtake me, the low 90s is just an overall goal of mine.  Like you said, I will want to focus on each and every shot.  For me, the key is building a consistency in my ball striking.

I definitely need to come to the shore.  My uncle lives in Ocean City, NJ and loves the courses in that area.  I golfed in Ocean City, MD over the summer.  Great environment.

Originally Posted by RobCWhatUp

P.S. - I have Dustin Johnson, Keegan Bradley, Tiger Woods, and Ian Poulter in my WGC Match Play Final Four.

I have Keegan and Poulter as well. Welcome.

Note: This thread is 4054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!