Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clambake

USPS Clothing Line... Oh Yeah!

9 posts in this topic

Although they can't avoid losing money in the mail and parcel business despite limited competition and heavy subsidies, now the USPS is going into the clothing business.  Because of course the apparel business has such little competition and strong profit margins, I guess.      Sometimes I wonder if there is any intelligent life at our governmental agencies.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/from-mail-to-clothes-usps-launches-apparel-line/

So, who will be the first PGA Tour Pro sporting this hot new look on the course?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Not Louis Oosthuizen, that's for sure!  He's already got his parcel delivery business sponsorship!

Maybe John Daly?  He likes to show up to tournaments occasionally and "mail it in." ;)

See what I did there?  I said "mail."  And mail is what the USPS delivers, so it's like I was being funny saying that John Daly is actually delivering mail, but really he's not, he's only playing golf poorly and not trying very hard.

(I felt like channeling my inner "Ben Roethlisberger from the QB facebook conversations." ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good grief.

You just can't make up stuff like that!

Of course now when some psychopath goes postal he can also ware the cloths.

Yikes.  They make money on parcels and packages, but they are losing their shirts (sorry, had to) on mail and junk mail because congress won't let them increase prices on junk mail and first class mail volume is way down.  I wish they would increase prices on junk mail, I hate that stuff.  Congress can't seem to do anything right lately.

I fully expect the cycling wear to be the driving force in sales!

I fully expect the cycling wear to be the driving force in sales!

...of EPO?