IGNORED

What ball do YOU use?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 4215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was curious to know this.

I play off 20 and use Pro V1 because i think they are a good ball for stopping on greens because they are soft but dont knock to much distance of my long game either.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play at 15 and play whatever ball I have at the moment.

Right now titleist nxt tour, v1x and nike one black.

I can't really feel any difference between brands. I'm thinking about buying wilson fifty to see if I can feel the differnence.

-mats
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

I have been using Top Flites D2 & yesterday picked up a box of Bridgestone E-6's & will try those out today.

My game is nowhere near good enough for myself to justify spending $49 for a box of balls just to have them end up in the middle of a pond.

I typically play Pro V1X. I love the spin I get with it and it feels really good off my clubface.

Plus I have two dozen of then.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Hogan "The Hawk"
Taylor Made TP Black
Snakes Eyes Tour Performance

Those are the ones I have in my car at this time. I almost always play the first one though.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I'm a 19 handicap and I use Srixon Soft feel, Titleist Prov1x, Nike O.N.E. Platinum, and Callaway HX Hot.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I use the ProV1 most of the time. However I don't pay $50 a dozen for them. My wife's uncle is a barber and one of his customers goes to courses and finds balls to re-sell. He charges $5 a dozen. Her uncle gives him a haircut for two dozen balls. I have a standing order for ProV1 and ProV1x. I am out of them right now so I have been using the DT So/Lo and the NXT Tour. I also have 11 Nike Juice balls that I bought last Fall and have only used sparringly. They are fine off the tee and on approach shots, but I'm not sold on the feel arround the green and with putting.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Pro v's the most popular then.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

I have been playing Top Flite D2 Feel balls since the beginning of the year when I first tried them.

Soft cover, they spin well off irons and wedges. They give me great distance off the tee with a driver and they feel verry good while putting. Best of all they're only about $15/15 pk. so I can afford to have a lot of them in my ball stock.

For me they are a very good comprimise between ball quality, playability and price.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I have been playing Top Flite D2 Feel balls since the beginning of the year when I first tried them.

Where can I find these?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i am a dt/solo guy.

trusted name, long, soft, decent spin, and very affordable compared to pro v1.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I was curious to know this.

I've gone from a total hack to a 12 in about four months (just calculated my new index yesterday - too cheap to get a real card since I'll have to pay again when the new year comes anyway). I started hitting anything I could get, even featheries and range balls, and scuffed beyond belief, sometimes. Now for serious rounds I hit a

Pro V1x out of the tee box. Good distance, good enough spin for my game. My gripe is their lack of durability, though - they last 5 or 6 holes before they need to be retired. For any non-serious rounds, I'll hit anything still, because I usually don't care. I carded in a pretty satisfying 85 a week ago using a Top Rock XL-3000. (I can still make those suckers spin.) I prefer NXT Tour, though, for less serious rounds, if I can get my hands on them. I get my Pro V1's for $6 a dozen, they range pretty widely in quality (from AA to AAAA) but they're all playable. Other balls, I get for $15 for 24 dozen, and it's a pretty wide mix - Pinnacles, Top Rocks, Slazengers, that sort of thing.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

In past seasons, I have used the Titleist NXT Tour and DT SoLo. This season, I have tried and liked the Maxfli Fire. I was given a box of the Callaway HX Hot. I've played two rounds with the Callaways. Both rounds were superb for my game. I shot the lowest score of my career with the HX Hot. Still, I will play the Maxflis, as well as the Callaways, this season because I have a few boxes of them. I generally play to a 16 or 17 handicap, and while I really like the softer ProV 1 balls around the green, my scores are not any better with the ProVs than the less expensive Maxfli or HX Hot balls. For the sake of economy, I will give up the softer balls until my swing speed increases, which may not occur until I'm swinging through the pearly gates.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Where can I find these?

Most of the online golf stores have them for about $15-16 a box of 15. The Wal-Mart near me also has them for $14.97 a box too.

There are 3 different kinds of D2 balls -- Distance, Straight and Feel. The "Distance" balls (Red Box) are a lot like the old "Top Rocks" hard, but go a long way off the tee. The "Straight" ball (Blue Box) has a coating on the cover that's supposed to reduce spin and make the ball fly straighter. I suppose it does but it also makes them not spin well off irons. The "Feel" ball (Green Box) has a thinner, softer cover. They are the only one of the three I recommend.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Note: This thread is 4215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!