IGNORED

What Name Brand Do You Prefer?

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Having golfed over 50 years, I have seen and played all of the major golf brands. All of the major golf manufacturers would like you to believe that their clubs or balls are unsurpassed, but I would like to start a thread that gets some opinions of those who have joined the Sand Trap as to what their preferences are.  Here is the format: 1) The categories are drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putters, balls, shoes and golf bags.Please do not put any particular model, except in the comment section.

I have put a template of the table at the bottom of this post for those interested in replying to copy and paste into their reply...

Here are my preferences

Please put your preferences of major golf manufactures in the following categories:
Category Liked Most Runner-up Comments
Drivers Ping TaylorMade Close call - I find both are excellent
Fairway Woods TaylorMade Titleist TM fairway woods have been in my bag exclusively for more than 20 years
Hybrids TaylorMade Adams The Rescue was the first hybrid and TM is still tops by me
Irons Ping Ben Hogan Hogan was tops by me until it was sold to Callaway in 2003 (and discontinued in 2008)
Wedges Ping Cleveland I have Ping pw (i3+), gap (54°, ISI,  BeCu), and lob (60°, Eye 2+, BeCu)
Putters Odyssey Ping Another close call - I regularly use Ping B60 & Anser2, as well as Odyssey XG #9 & 2-Ball putters - all 33" long
Golf Balls Titleist Pro V1 Bridgestone B330 I also use Callaway and Slazenger
Golf Bags Ping Hoofer Titleist IMHO, No one is even close to the original Ping Hoofer golf bag
Golf Shoes Footjoy Adidas Both brands of shoes are absolutely terrific.

Copy and paste the table below into your reply...

Please put your preferences of major golf manufactures in the following categories:
Drivers
Fairway Woods
Hybrids
Irons
Wedges
Putters
Golf Balls
Golf Bags
Golf Shoes

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Drivers TaylorMade Callaway
Fairway Woods TaylorMade Callaway
Hybrids Callaway Haven't hit any others
Irons Callaway
Wedges Titleist
Putters Nike Ping
Golf Balls Bridgestone Titleist
Golf Bags
Golf Shoes

Most of the stuff that I like the most is what is in my bag.  I haven't tried very many Drivers or Hybrids so not much to add there.  I have loved hitting Callaway Irons since they first started as a company.

Drivers TaylorMade TaylorMade
Fairway Woods Don't Use them
Hybrids TaylorMade Adams
Irons TaylorMade Titleist
Wedges Titlest Vokey Cleveland
Putters Oddessey Ping
Golf Balls Bridgestone Titleist
Golf Bags TaylorMade Sun Mountain
Golf Shoes Footjoy Adidas

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have really only played two brands of clubs. I have the ones I like the most, not so much on Runner-up

Drivers Cobra Ping
Fairway Woods Cobra Ping
Hybrids Cobra
Irons Ping
Wedges Snake Eyes
Putters Ping
Golf Balls Titleist
Golf Bags Bagboy
Golf Shoes Footjoy

Drivers Taylormade Titleist
Fairway Woods Taylormade Titlest I have one of each
Hybrids Not a fan
Irons Titleist Mizuno Traditional Blades
Wedges Titleist Vokeys!
Putters Titleist Taylormade Anything that works and I can anchor
Golf Balls Titleist NONE

Best Ball Period. There is a reason the

ProV1 outnumbers all the rest big time

without having to shell out huge $$

Golf Bags Ping
Golf Shoes Footjoy Nike

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Drivers Callaway Taylor Made
Fairway Woods Callaway Nike
Hybrids Don't use Don't use
Irons Callaway Taylor Made
Wedges Callaway Cleveland
Putters Odyssey Nike
Golf Balls Srixon Titleist
Golf Bags Callaway Taylor Made
Golf Shoes FootJoy Adidas

ategory Liked Most Runner-up Comments Drivers Ping Taylor Made Fairway Woods Ping i 20 Taylor Made Hybrids none Irons Ping i 20 Titlelist 990 Wedges Ping Vokey Putters Ping Anser2 Be Odessy 2 ball Golf Balls Pro V1x Penta Tp 5 Golf Bags Ping Hoofer Adidas stand bag Golf Shoes Adidals Footjoy

Drivers Taylormade Titleist Both are good.  TM has had this market for a while.  See a lot of them out there
Fairway Woods Taylormade Titleist Callaway a close 3rd.  The old war birds were great.
Hybrids Don't use them
Irons Titleist Mizuno The two best players irons there are IMO.
Wedges Vokey Cleveland Both are great
Putters Titleist Ping Only two brands I have ever owned
Golf Balls TM- Penta Titleist-ProV Recently went to Penta and like it a lot
Golf Bags Ping Hoover N/A Have had my Ping for 15 years
Golf Shoes Foot Joy Nike Love the FJ classics but very costly

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Drivers Taylor Made Caly razr fit I like the high rate of turnover with TM, so im able to buy last year gear for a quarter of the price. This allows me to "pose" with the latest gear on the 1st tee! LOL
Fairway Woods Taylor made Caly razr fit I have and love the Callaway razr fit 3 wood, but when the RBZ carries 10 yards further for me. It makes it hard to say no to more distance.
Hybrids Taylor made Taylor Made I like very small head hybrids, and i still havent found one that i like better than my 09 Burner 3h.
Irons Titleist Mizuno Love good blades, but still havent pulled the trigger to buy them for myself....maybe....soon
Wedges Titleist Titleist non better than Vockeys
Putters Nike Method Odyssey sabretooth The Method 3i putter is the best putter i''ve ever rolled the ball with. I doubt ill find another that i'll like more, so i bought 2 of the same putters, one to play with, the other one i wanna be buried with! :) J/K i want a spare one, just incase.
Golf Balls Pro v1x Penta I like the feel of both balls (gross)
Golf Bags Sun Mountain titleist I only carry, and my new TM bag is already starting to fall apart, im not impressed. The TM bag will be replaced w either a titleist or SM bag...soon
Golf Shoes adidas Nike Since i walk 60-70 rounds a year, i like fresh shoes every year...and i only those 2 brands will do it.

Please put your preferences of major golf manufacturers in the following categories:
Drivers Callaway Cleveland Both make super big sticks.
Fairway Woods ??? Cleveland?

Not very happy with anyone

at this time!

Hybrids Taylormade Callaway May replace with hi-loft FWs
Irons Callaway Bridgestone Fit my eye, "automatic" alignment
Wedges Cleveland Callaway Year after year, great stuff fr. both
Putters Ping TaylorMade Ping B60, w/ 1972 Pal in backup
Golf Balls TopFlite Gamer Bridgestone e6 Midspin all the way!
Golf Bags SunMountain Ogio SunM since 1998, on second bag
Golf Shoes Nike Adidas

Nike fits narrow feet

w/o special order.

Irons are a tough one; most OEMs make a model I could play as long as it had the right shaft!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Drivers Taylormade callaway I like my taylormade a lot but I dinged it, and a fitting showed that the callaway was best for me
Fairway Woods callaway cleveland i've only played those two... i like the cleveland but i broke it in my back seat on accident, so i didn't get enough of a chance to place it over the callaway
Hybrids adams callaway callaway is great but there is a reason so many pros play adams.... they are amazing
Irons callaway na only ever played callaways, and they work great for me
Wedges callaway edel i've only played callaway, but i got super lucky and got to try an edel and it is AWESOME
Putters odyssey nothing needs to be said here, odyssey is hands down better than everyone else
Golf Balls taylormade the penta is an amazing ball, made the switch and i'm not going back
Golf Bags sun mountain nike i have a purdue nike bag that is great, but I like sun mountains a lot
Golf Shoes TRUE footjoy trues are extremely comfortable, and followed closely by footjay

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Drivers Nike All I ever used
Fairway Woods Nike Taylormade
Hybrids Taylormade
Irons Mizuno Taylormade
Wedges Taylormade All I ever want to use
Putters Odyssey All I ever used
Golf Balls Srixon Titleist I really like Srixon, but can't say no to Titleist
Golf Bags Callaway Ping My wife bought my bag, I had never owned anything Callaway at the time. My old bag was a Ping from ages ago.
Golf Shoes Nike Footjoy

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Drivers Can't keep it on the fairway, so I keep it on the office wall instead.
Fairway Woods Wilson Staff W/S Fybrids are cool! The 3 wood Fybrid I use off the tee is long and straight, and has a pleasing, round, quite traditional appearance.
Hybrids Nope, I have no use for these either. Give me a long iron any day of the week.
Irons Tour Edge Wilson Staff I love Tour Edge Exotics. I like the fact that Tour Edge doesn't pour millions of dollars into touring pros' pockets, too. Their irons are fantastic and affordable.
Wedges Cleveland
Putters Cleveland Cleveland make proper putters in their Classic series. I have a Cleveland Classic #3 in the stainless steel finish.
Golf Balls Srixon Noodle When I'm on my game: Srixon. Noodles are are a cheap and acceptable ball for a quick round after work.
Golf Bags Wilson Staff Bought a Wilson ProStaff bag in 1987. Only changed it a couple of years ago for a Wilson Staff Rova. Hoping for 20+ years out of this one, too.
Golf Shoes Etonic I like my Etonics, but to be honest I'll buy anything on sale at Dicks provided they are leather, comfortable, and look like proper golf shoes as opposed to tennis shoes.

Drivers Mizuno Calloway i like the way Mizuno's look at address
Fairway Woods TaylorMade just bought my first fairway wood in years recently. RBZ does just fine
Hybrids Nike TaylorMade i like the Nike SQ look - square at address
Irons Ping KZG played Ping for 20 years and liked them quite a bit before my set was stolen. got fitted with KZG and am playing as good or better with these.
Wedges Cleveland Titleist i have Clevelands now, will replace with Volkeys when they've worn out.
Putters Odyssey Cameron Odyssey in the bag now, Cameron would be my next choice if price were no object
Golf Balls Bridgestone Titleist not good enough to play ProV1s, so until that day comes i'm happy with the E-series
Golf Bags SunMtn don't put a lot of thought into bags. light? at least six compartments? fine.
Golf Shoes ECCO FootJoy ECCO are the most comfortable shoe i've worn. will probably keep my FJs in the closet for inclement weather only.

Drivers TaylorMade None
Fairway Woods TaylorMade None
Hybrids TaylorMade None
Irons Mizuno Titleist
Wedges Mizuno
Titleist
Putters Scotty Cameron
Titleist
Golf Balls TaylorMade
Titleist
Golf Bags Ogio
Golf Shoes Footjoy Adidas

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Impossible for me.

I've owned at one time or another:  Ram, Lynx, Slotline, MacGregor, TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Odyssey, Mizuno, Cleveland, Bridgestone... and built my own from components.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Drivers Callaway TaylorMade, Titleist
Fairway Woods TaylorMade Callaway
Hybrids Adams TaylorMade
Irons Mizuno Titleist
Wedges Mizuno Callaway
Putters SeeMore Odyssey Looking to get an Edel but haven't actually tried it yet
Golf Balls Titleist TaylorMade, Srixon, Bridgestone, Maxfli
Golf Bags Sun Mountain Titleist I like the Titleist bags because they are Sun Mountain but with a Titleist logo
Golf Shoes TRUE None TRUE's are the only shoes golf shoes I wear.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Drivers Ping.                  Taylormade.
Fairway Woods Taylormade.      Callaway.          RBZ is just wow!
Hybrids Titleist.               Callaway.          Don't like all the deep face stuff from TM
Irons Taylormade.      Titleist.              Taylormade Rocketbladez!
Wedges Titleist Vokey.   Callaway.          Love my Vokey 52, favourite club.
Putters Odyssey.           Ping.                 Odyssey White Hot XG #7 is great!
Golf Balls TM Penta TP5.  Pro V1.             Recently switched to the penta.
Golf Bags Titleist.              Ping.                 New titleist bag converted me to carrying.
Golf Shoes Footjoy.                                      Only ever had footjoy, great shoes!

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!