IGNORED

TEEING on a par 3. Yes or NO?

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I pull a wedge and the tee box is in good shape I'll just set the ball on the grass. My home course has a 100 yd par 3 and I punch a nice little SW off the deck and put it near the hole (almost) every time. Everything else gets a tee.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Max0231

Crazy question on this.  Since you tee it up as close the the ground as possible creating a "perfect" lie, do you change your stance at all or how far back or forward you play the ball?  Didn't know if you still play down on the ball with your irons?

everything stays the same as if you were hitting it off the ground.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Jack Nicklaus said "I always felt that air had less resistance than dirt. What puzzles me is when players take a tee, jam it all the way in the ground and then put the ball on top of it. Why is the tee there? You have the opportunity on a par 3 to tee it up, so why not take advantage of that and give yourself the best lie possible."

If it's good enough for Jack, it's good enough for me!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by Max0231

Crazy question on this.  Since you tee it up as close the the ground as possible creating a "perfect" lie, do you change your stance at all or how far back or forward you play the ball?  Didn't know if you still play down on the ball with your irons?

I don't change anything. I set up the same, swing the same. It just gives me a larger margin of error.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

for me, i push the tee down till the edges are the same level as the ground. I doubt i would have issue with using no tee, i just like the consistency.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yes, I use a tee.

I never use a tee when I'm playing the local par 3 course.  I consider that more "practice" than "real" so I am pretending that my tee shots are all approach shots from the fairway.

But when I'm counting it, I definitely tee it up.  7 iron on down, the ball is just barely above the grass, but it's still on a tee.  And I try to use broken ones sitting around since I know they'll get broken anyway, but I'll never pass up the opportunity.

P.S.  Booo Boise State!  (Fresno State alum here ... I hate you guys!)

Sorry friend, Boise born and bread, GO Broncos!

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!