IGNORED

2013 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love how the media attempts to generate a story line with Tiger and Rory......and nothing comes of it....LOL c3_clap.gif

Lots of golf yet to be played.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Villegas at -6. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/8y5a9uny.jpg[/IMG]

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Here is the whole field. It is an impressive group to say the least.

too bad they didn't have this type of line up at the Canadian Open :(

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

Originally Posted by Gaber

too bad they didn't have this type of line up at the Canadian Open :(

Aint that the truth.  Our Canadian Open needs a better date on the PGA Tour Schedule!

Rors is now +6.  Just made a triple.  Looks like another missed cut.  I think his frolocking around the world with Ms. Wozniacki is more the culprit that his sticks.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Aint that the truth.  Our Canadian Open needs a better date on the PGA Tour Schedule! Rors is now +6.  Just made a triple.  Looks like another missed cut.  I think his frolocking around the world with Ms. Wozniacki is more the culprit that his sticks.

I'm heading to Glen Abby this year again for the 2nd time last year I was at the Hamilton GCC if any TST forum guys from the area we should meet up! Great... RORS is in my line up for today - I didn't have time to move Tiger over :(

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

Originally Posted by Gaber

I'm heading to Glen Abby this year again for the 2nd time last year I was at the Hamilton GCC if any TST forum guys from the area we should meet up! Great... RORS is in my line up for today - I didn't have time to move Tiger over :(

I was at Hamilton last year and will be at Glen Abbey this year.  Let's keep in touch.

Rors just made another bogey on #17.  That's a triple, bogey two hole stretch and is now at +7 and on pace to shoot 42.  Can you say wake up call?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Rors is now +6.  Just made a triple.  Looks like another missed cut.  I think his frolocking around the world with Ms. Wozniacki is more the culprit that his sticks.

They put Rory on the swing tracker yesterday and compared his current swing to the one he had at Congressional when he won the U.S. Open. Not sure if it was just one single poor swing, which is plausible, but there was a noticeable, albeit easily correctable, difference. The current swing was slightly past parallel, plus he stood up slightly before impact.

Watch him come out next week and shoot a low score to make this post look silly. Ha.

Originally Posted by 9iron

They put Rory on the swing tracker yesterday and compared his current swing to the one he had at Congressional when he won the U.S. Open. Not sure if it was just one single poor swing, which is plausible, but there was a noticeable, albeit easily correctable, difference. The current swing was slightly past parallel, plus he stood up slightly before impact.

Watch him come out next week and shoot a low score to make this post look silly. Ha.

I saw that too which goes back to my original point.  He's been more busy with his GF the last 3 months than focusing on golf.  I don't buy the equipment excuse. When you are the best in the world, you HAVE to keep working hard.  That's one thing with Tiger.  Tiger always worked his arse off.  That said, this is good for Rory...like I said, wake up call.

It's round #5 for him this year.  He'll be good to go by the time the Masters rolls around.  (He just ripped one onto the fairway on #18.  Gotta love Shot Tracker).

Deryck Griffith

Originally Posted by phan52

McIlroy has withdrawn. Playing bad so he just quit. Not good.

Wow. Time to pull up your socks Rory.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by phan52

McIlroy has withdrawn. Playing bad so he just quit. Not good.

Really?  There isn't any indication of an injury?  The boys a GC are going to be all over this.

Deryck Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith View Post

Really?  There isn't any indication of an injury?  The boys a GC are going to be all over this.

Walked right off the course from 18 (his 9th) to his car. Not a word to anybody.

Bill M

On No. 18 – his ninth hole of the day – McIlroy hit an approach shot just short of the greenside bunker, then picked up his ball, shook hands with playing partners Mark Wilson and Ernie Els , then quickly left the premises.

- See more at: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/mcilroy-withdraws-walks-off-honda-course/#sthash.27FUBXSf.dpuf

Wonder if he'll get a fine?

I also wonder why my text is highlighted with grey...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Nike's next commercial can be Rory sneaking covertly off the golf course.

• Upvote 4

Yours in earnest, Jason.

They've even picked it up on SportsCenter. At least he gets to play all 4 rounds next week at Doral - there's no cut there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

They've even picked it up on SportsCenter.

At least he gets to play all 4 rounds next week at Doral - there's no cut there.

Well. he was guaranteed at least 36 at the Honda and he didn't make that.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!