IGNORED

Trying to finish up my set

Note: This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I currently have...

Cobra S3 10.5*

Cobra S3 Max Hybrid 3 20*

Cobra S3 Max Hybrid 4 23*

Cobra S3 Max 5-PW (standard)

Cleveland 588 RTX 54*

Cleveland 588 RTX 58*

I am thinking to finish it out to go with a Cobra Amp Cell 3W-4W, and a Cobra Amp Cell 2H-3H.

The reason I am thinking "3 Wood" and "Rescue/Hybrid" is during my wedge fitting I was able to hit the 54* 100 yards, and the 58* was 80ish. I was able to swing less or open the club for less distance as well as "man up" and get 5 to 10 more yards if needed.

I guess I dont have to have 14 clubs, but if money allows it why not right...

Driver - Cobra S3 10.5*

Hybrid/Rescue - Cobra Amp Cell 2-3

Irons - Cobra S3 Max 3H, 4H, 5-PW

Wedges - 54* and 58* Cleveland 588-RTX

Putter - Carbite Polar Balanced Mallet

Originally Posted by joelwhite22

I am thinking to finish it out to go with a Cobra Amp Cell 3W-4W, and a Cobra Amp Cell 2H-3H.

This what I probably would do. I would get the hybrid first and then see how that works before you get the 3 wood. But like you said, if money allows it then go for both.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Ok, that is what I was wondering. If I could only get one should I go for the 3w or the Hybrid.

Thank you for the reply!

Driver - Cobra S3 10.5*

I would say the hybrid. It looks like you carry a good amount of hybrids already so you're used to the club at address and familiar using it. But I normally recommend trying both out and seeing what fits the distance gap better between your 3 hybrid and driver.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

You probably need a gap wedge, something in the 48-50 range. And a putter, I'd fill the last slot with maybe an adjustable fairway wood that can go to 15-16 degrees. And keep the FW shaft at 43 inches max.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important cl ub... The Putter. That is a CARBITE POLAR BALANCED DM MALLET

Driver - Cobra S3 10.5*

Be careful on the 2H, which has a loft of around 17*. At a demo day, both the Callaway and Adams reps cautioned middle HDCP players against using 2H in the rough, as you need quite a bit of clubhead speed to get the ball out.  Also, most 2Hs have Pro or Tour heads, meaning not much offset (it would line up differently than standard H heads).

Definitely test-hit the 4W. The average golfer finds it easier to hit than a 3W. Check them out and see which is best.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Be careful on the 2H, which has a loft of around 17*. At a demo day, both the Callaway and Adams reps cautioned middle HDCP players against using 2H in the rough, as you need quite a bit of clubhead speed to get the ball out.  Also, most 2Hs have Pro or Tour heads, meaning not much offset (it would line up differently than standard H heads).

Definitely test-hit the 4W. The average golfer finds it easier to hit than a 3W. Check them out and see which is best.

I am selling a 2hybrid and I bought a 4w and 3h today @ the Milwaukee golf expo for the reasons cited in this post. Very true, all of it.

Once it's gone i'll miss the 2h for two reasons, off the tee and low hooks to get out of trees. Great for those, but out of the rough or even just off the fairway I thought the 2h underperformed bigtime. I don't swing slow either.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

Note: This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!