IGNORED

What is your swing speed and carry?

Gregormendel
Note: This thread is 3468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your average and max swing speed? What flex shaft do you use? I have been training hard for the past year and my swing speed increased dramatically.

Average ~118
Max ~125
X-stiff Proforce V2/ 907 D2 8.5*

I average about 275 carry. My favorite though is walking out to the 100yd marker on a 400ish yd hole and seeing your ball mark next to the ball

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver:
3 Wood:
Hybrid:
3-PW: Wedges: Putter: Ball:

average is between 110 and 115 mph. that puts my carry in the 250-260 range. i'll occasionally bust one a little further, but not often. i'm thinking more about control on the tee box - the distance takes care of itself. i've got an Aldila Spec Grid 67 in an x-stiff in my driver. I haven't trained at all - the club head speed has always been there. i just work to keep in the fairway. :)

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I average about 100 and max out about 105. If I try really hard I can get 110. I carry about 230, and roll out to 250, on average. I have a stiff flex in my driver and 5 wood, but a regular in the 3 (too poor to get it re-shafted).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I average 95 and max out at 105. I use a regular shaft. My average carry is 250.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

My driver swing speed is around 107 to 112 on average. I hit a stiff flex, 9.5 degree flex, OEM TM fujikura SuperQuad shaft. I dont like to swing harder or softer than that as I will get off track. My average carry plus roll is on average 270 to 280. Just today I busted two of my drives back to back to the 300 yard ranges. Doesn't happen very often, bout once per round or so, but the fact there was no wind, it made my day. Still gotta work on the "keeping it in the fairway" more often though.

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

My SS is about 105, with 245-250 of carry. I can crank it up to 115 when need be and get it about 275.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Im more of a feel player but I average around 110mph and about a 260 yard carry. When I really go at it it measures around 120mph with around a 280 carry. (Tip the 110mph swing goes much straighter). With rill I average around 280 or so off the tee.

Funny how everyone is 100+ mph and 250+ yards on a message board...

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
Funny how everyone is 100+ mph and 250+ yards on a message board...

Well, I'm a 3.x index and I swing about 108 with about 245-250 carry, and that's accurate. I've measured on days when my ball embeds or just pops out of its pitch mark.

Besides, if you care enough about golf to join a forum, you're not the average duffer who hits the ball 180 yards off the tee. You've probably been somewhat fitted or whatever, and the odds are you are a better than average golfer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can get my swing speed up over 120 if I swing out of my shoes. Normal is between 110-115 and I carry it about 260-270, however I hit it relatively low and usually roll out a lot.

DRIVER: 905r 8.5 UST V2 75 X
3 WOOD: 906f2 15 UST 85 X
HYBRID/IRON: Rapture Hybrid/3 Iron
IRONS: MX 200 Dynamic Gold X100
WEDGES: 52, 56, 60 600PUTTER: Geurin Rife Two Bar BALLS: Pro V1xGLOVE: SoftjoySHOES: Reelfit "Do those pump up?"BAG: Sun Mountain

Well, I'm a 3.x index and I swing about 108 with about 245-250 carry, and that's accurate. I've measured on days when my ball embeds or just pops out of its pitch mark.

Sorry, my OP came off as overly-cynical. I am not doubting you or anyone specifically on this board, just the general message board mentality.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

I hit 67% of fairways and hit 8 iron to SW on most par 4s. Those numbers are more meaningful to me than swing speed and carry distance. I know what my swing speed and carry distance are, but I don't care very much and I'm not sure why you do.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

• 7 months later...
My average swing speed for Driver is approx. 113. This usually leads to a carry of about 250 for me, with an average drive with roll at about 275. Swinging out of my shoes... 120 is attainable, but I don't carry a tree wood with me, so there's no purpose, other than to try to impress friends if I were lucky enough to hit it straight. Longest drive is about 310, under advantageous conditions, of course.

Someone once asked me what the slowest your swing speed could be, and still be able to hit a 300 yard drive. Factors that are constant would be calm wind, level conditions (not hitting uphill or downhill), maybe 75 degrees out, with somewhat firm fairway to encourage roll... and... hitting it on the screws, with optimal launch angle and spin.

What do you guys think? You think, with roll off a slight draw that 105mph could achieve this under those circumstances? 110?

I hit for the first time with a radar behind my club and my average swing was 121. I use a 10.5* TM burner with a regular shaft and it will carry in the 290's. I think im really doing myself a disservice using that driver with a high degree and shaft with a lot of whip for my speed.

Driver: G5 9 Degree w/ Aldila Green Stiff
Irons: i5 Green Dot
Wedge: 588 53 Degree
Balls: NXT Tour

My average swing speed is 108 and my average carry is 240-250...with roll I get them out here around 265-270 consistently. However, I do bomb a 280-300 yard drive once in a while and no it was not down-hill or down-wind...I just think every once in a while I hit it perfect and with a slight draw it gets down there...Now if I could hit more fairways I would be happy as I only average about 35% but I do have a lot of drives that are just barley off the fairway and are playable...my handicap problem is putting and I am getting a putting lesson next week...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

102-105MPH swing speed. I get about 245-255 yards of carry.

Currently using a 905T Driver with an ACCRA M4 Stiff Shaft. Looking to upgrade to the 905R, though.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 3468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!