IGNORED

Scotty Cameron putter care

Note: This thread is 4040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi I just received my new Scotty Select Golo S putter which I love. I'm a bit confused about the care instructions. Apart from keeping it dry should I be using gun oil on it? It is made of 303SS and has the black mist finish? Any advice would be appreciated.

Just wash it normally and wipe it with a soft cloth and keep a headcover on it to keep it from getting dinged.    The gun oil was for the carbon steel Scotty's that used an oil finish and needed periodic treatment to keep it from rusting.     No worries like that with SS.

I once heard of guys using lubricated condoms to keep their carbon Scottys safe. My guess is they had other issues.

I used baby oil and kept that secret from my wife. I probably paid more attention to that putter in the time I owned it.

But for Stainless or other "hard" finishes, wipe off chemicals from grass after use and keep it dry.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With stainless, you shouldnt need to use oil to keep it from rusting.  Stainless steel contains chromium, which helps it to resist rusting.

Just wipe any moisture off of it and keep the headcover on it when you arent using it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!