IGNORED

Bubba Watson Buys Tiger's Old Isleworth House

jamo
Note: This thread is 4035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[URL=http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/03/watson-to-move-into-woodss-old-house.html]http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/03/watson-to-move-into-woodss-old-house.html[/URL] [QUOTE]DORAL, Fla. -- It's old news that Bubba Watson bought a house at Orlando's gated Isleworth community and was remodeling it with hopes of moving in this spring. What he didn't say is it was Tiger Woods's house. "It's true," Watson said Friday after shooting a second-round 69 at the WGC-Cadillac Championship to move into the top 10 on the leaderboard. "We closed last summer and we're moving in next Thursday or Friday." Angie Watson is back in Scottsdale with Caleb, the couple's adopted son, and Angie's parents. They're working to pack up the old house, as Orlando will now be the Watsons' primary residence. "I looked at probably 50 houses before I looked at Tiger's," Bubba Watson said. "A lot of the houses there are old, and we ended up changing everything. We probably saved maybe five percent of it. We built it all around Caleb. There are like three playrooms." In a lengthy interview in the April issue of Golf Magazine, Watson said he's always lived in gated communities, and a 2012 incident in which the Masters champion and his wife were chased through traffic on their way home only reminded him why. "We’ve seen things in the news—our world is crazy," Watson said, "and it’s nice to have that piece of mind when we take walks or go outside." He will join several Orlando-based Tour pros, including Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter and Justin Rose. "The one I’ve talked to the most is Charles Howell," Watson said. "He has two kids and talked about how family-oriented Isleworth is. They got programs for kids, tennis camps, golf camps, family night every Wednesday night for dinner. They were all things we wanted to be involved in, and the golf course is really good, too, for me to practice." As for playing in the Tavistock Cup, he said: "If I make the team—I’ve got to qualify. Hopefully winning the Masters will help me get in." [/QUOTE] Title says it all. Thoughts?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[URL=http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/03/watson-to-move-into-woodss-old-house.html]http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/03/watson-to-move-into-woodss-old-house.html[/URL] Title says it all. Thoughts?

Did he replace the tree that Tiggs backed into on Thanksgiving, a couple of years ago?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Isleworth is nice, but a lot of the houses are very dated and overpriced -- not that the latter's going to worry Bubba too much. They have the best locker-room bar I've ever seen. Massive putting green and a basketball half court. Downside is Mark O' Meara wandering by naked could put you off your beer. Upside is it gives them a legit reason to keep women out. Trevor Immelman also moved there last year, from Lake Nona, so their Tavistock team is looking pretty solid.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Did he replace the tree that Tiggs backed into on Thanksgiving, a couple of years ago?

Not possible. I believe it has been declared a National Monument.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Not possible. I believe it has been declared a National Monument.

Maybe in Sweden..... :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There's a Waffle House close by...

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I thought it was an IHOP?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Off Topic but part of the same interview, Bubba mentioned he's having the General Lee worked on to make it street legal.  I don't see the point in taking a car like that and changing it back to it's street version.  He could have bought any used Charger, restored it and painted it to look like the General Lee, what a waste

Joe Paradiso

Off Topic but part of the same interview, Bubba mentioned he's having the General Lee worked on to make it street legal.  I don't see the point in taking a car like that and changing it back to it's street version.  He could have bought any used Charger, restored it and painted it to look like the General Lee, what a waste

Well that certainly helps cement his reputation as a tool. At least he isn't having it painted flat black or something.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Maybe he just wants to drive it legally?

Originally Posted by plum

what would the reason be that its not street legal ? rollcages are legal, orange paint is legal.....

Said it didn't have a back seat, no gauges or windows.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Dave H

Maybe he just wants to drive it legally?

Cars like that are grandfathered as classic cars and do not have to be updated as long as you drive less than 12,000 miles to/from shows/events and place historical plates on it.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by David in FL

Maybe in Sweden.....

Nice.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Cars like that are grandfathered as classic cars and do not have to be updated as long as you drive less than 12,000 miles to/from shows/events and place historical plates on it.

sure, but would that be true if it didn't have working lights, signals, etc? Not saying it doesn't, just wondering.

Note: This thread is 4035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!