IGNORED

Are you a member of the USGA?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 4001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a member of USGA?

• Yes
    • No

I like to be a member of the governing body of the sport I am involved with.  Did the same when I was bike racing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm a USGA member and a PDGA member. And a PGA member. And I quite literally think that's about all of the official organizations to which I'm a member...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Artimas

If so, why.

If not, why not.

I'm trying to decide if I should join.

I've been a member since 1991. I believe in and support their goals, and what better way than through a membership.

From usga.org:

The United States Golf Association promotes and conserves the true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions. It acts in the best interests of the game for the continued enjoyment of those who love and play it.

When you join, for $25 you get:
• Member-only U.S. Open golf hat
• Latest edition of The Rules of Golf
• USGA Championship Preview
• Personalized Members bag tag
• Advance priority to purchase U.S. Open ticket packages
...plus much more!

This alone is a great deal.

(https://members.usga.org/enroll/index.aspx?id=&source;=)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Yep.  Have been for over 20 years.  I like to support the game, and supporting the organization that probably does the most to preserve the game is one of the easiest ways to do it.

Gotta admit, getting my U.S. Open hat is a highlight of every year too......and my Merion hat just came a couple of weeks ago!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Member since 1987 (except that back then, individuals were called associates, only clubs or organizations were members).

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I am, the dues are so afforable there really isn't  a reason not to be. For the cost of a couple of burgers you get a rule book and a cool US Open hat as well as some other stuff.

Dave :-)

I've been a member for a few years.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't know. Am I automatically a member if I am an scga member with a usga handicap? If not ... Then no. :)

Nope. Best $25 you'll spend though. Did I mention the hat?! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have been a member since the 80's, But I am not going to renew. The last several years, I have had to call numerous times to get my benefits, and numerous times I have gotten the run around. I am just tired of having to beg for the things that they have promised to send me. This is probably an isolated case, but it has happened to me the last three years.

Did not renew my membership due to the upcoming anchoring ban. I'm sure my missing $25 will make them reconsider their position! lol

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

FYI, you can order rules booklets for free whether you're a member or not.

https://www.usga.org/PublicationStore/PubStoreProductDetails.aspx?id=21474843679

No excuses not to have one, even if you don't want to pay for a membership.

Yep, been a member since I moved here to the US. in 2004. If you you think about it, you'll pay $25+ for a hat at one of the clubs anyway, plus you get a personalized bag tag etc, and you are supporting a great organization.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

If you are an avid golfer who really enjoys the game, there is no excuse for not belonging to the USGA. You don't join for the "benefits." As others have said, you join to support the organization that  governs the world's greatest game. For example, the USGA donates millions of dollars to research organizations for turf management and other agronomic research directly related to maintaining golf courses. They also test equipment, manage the rule book, handicap system and also provide millions in grants to under-privileged and disabled individuals.

Yep, been a member since I moved here to the US. in 2004. If you you think about it, you'll pay $25+ for a hat at one of the clubs anyway, plus you get a personalized bag tag etc, and you are supporting a great organization.

Yes, but how many golf hats with U.S. Open stuff on them do you really need? :>) I wore the latest one to a gun show last weekend - maybe I interested some shooters ;)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!