IGNORED

NFL Free Agency - 2013 Edition

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

Infinitely worse. Then again, I've read that the Pats are among the finalists for Amendola, a more-than-suitable replacement (don't think for a second that I'm not already drunk off the Amendola Kool-Aid).

I was afraid of that.  But look at the bright side:

How much more evil satisfaction will you get when Welker is DROPPING crucial balls from Manning in crucial situations?  I mean, you'll get to see more "Manning face."

Now, go back to drinking your Amendola Kool-Aid.  (Isn't that guy like 50 years old by now?)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was afraid of that.  But look at the bright side: How much more evil satisfaction will you get when Welker is DROPPING crucial balls from Manning in crucial situations?  I mean, you'll get to see more "Manning face."  :beer: Now, go back to drinking your Amendola Kool-Aid.  (Isn't that guy like 50 years old by now?)

Looks like it's official now: Welker to Denver for 2 years. A very large portion of my brain is already rationalizing potentially signing Danny Amendola. "Well, he's younger, less hits to the noggin, slightly taller, Welker missed those big catches the last few years..." Amendola is no where near signed though. Chances are Edelman takes that spot at this point.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Infinitely worse. Then again, I've read that the Pats are among the finalists for Amendola, a more-than-suitable replacement (don't think for a second that I'm not already drunk off the Amendola Kool-Aid).

I thought the Pats would be more than set with Edlemen (sp?) as the Welker replacement?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I thought the Pats would be more than set with Edlemen (sp?) as the Welker replacement?

Pure numbers come into it. The only guy they actually have signed right now is Lloyd. Edelman is a free agent (though I don't see him going anywhere regardless), and the rest of their receiver corps is Matt Slater (special teams Pro Bowler, little else), Kamar Aiken, Jeremy Ebert, and Andre Holmes, none of whom had a single reception for the Pats last season.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Keep your head up Jamo... At least the Pats are in contract discussions with Josh Cribbs... Only one problem.  He sucks as a WR. c5_banana.gif

I just got told to "keep my head up" by a Browns fan. What is this world coming to?!?! :-P

In my bag:

Bills made a big splash signing Manny Lawson.

Who?

Sounds about right.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

He didnt even go to the better Manning, and only a 2 year deal - belicheat mustve pissed him off.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I would happily trade Welker for Amendola. I see him twice a year because he's a Ram and he is a tough one to cover. Welker is a much better route runner, but Amendola will provide magic with a big play that Welker could never pull off due to his lack of overall speed. In the overtime game that the 49ers tied with the Rams Amendola caught a ball and ran to 5 on the first play from the 20, but it was called back because of illegal formation, but still is caused my heart to skip a beat. He has that big play ability though.

Michael

Amendola hasn't proven he can stay healthy.  I had him last two years in FF and he rode the bench most weeks either because he was injured and was coming back from injury.  We'll give you Santonio Holmes and Revis for Woodhead, but you have to take Sanchez too.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by meenman

He didnt even go to the better Manning, and only a 2 year deal - belicheat mustve pissed him off.

I'm guessing he figures Peyton is only going to play for another few years?

According to Schaefter, Amendola just signed with the Pats for 5 years, $31 million. Just a touch more than Welker is making a year in Denver, ironically.

In my bag:

According to Schaefter, Amendola just signed with the Pats for 5 years, $31 million. Just a touch more than Welker is making a year in Denver, ironically.

Fantasy wise I love it hehehe.

Constantine

He on your team? The only thing that I've been affected by so far fantasy-wise is the release of Michael Turner. That league is so deep I actually had to rely on him a few weeks (which might speak to the quality of my team...).

In my bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

He on your team? The only thing that I've been affected by so far fantasy-wise is the release of Michael Turner. That league is so deep I actually had to rely on him a few weeks (which might speak to the quality of my team...).

Yea he is heheheh. Sorry for being evil about this. I'm sure as a fan of the pats you feel good about this if Danny can stay healthy (big if with that guy). He's like, what, four years younger than Welker? If he stays healthy, marking him down for 100-1300-9 is a pretty conservative projection I think.

Yea Burner will probably end up on the cheap on some contender. Maybe GB if they miss out on Steven Jackson. He's good for a 1000 and 10 I think under those conditions if he still has tread left on the tires. Although he was running in cement shoes quite a bit last year so maybe 1000 yards is too much.

Meanwhile it seems the Jets are content to liquidate Revis, sign no one, fix their cap problems, and finish 0-16... which might be a great idea if they can get the franchise QB finally.

Being that you scored like 6 points less than me total on the year tells me your team with fine, especially with a top 5 pick in the draft. You probably don't need Burner anymore.

I love Amendola though. I love white boy slot receivers. That's why Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl are my all time favorite players. Well, them and my favorite former Pat Curtis Martin.

Constantine

Yea he is heheheh. Sorry for being evil about this. I'm sure as a fan of the pats you feel good about this if Danny can stay healthy (big if with that guy). He's like, what, four years younger than Welker? If he stays healthy, marking him down for 100-1300-9 is a pretty conservative projection I think. Yea Burner will probably end up on the cheap on some contender. Maybe GB if they miss out on Steven Jackson. He's good for a 1000 and 10 I think under those conditions if he still has tread left on the tires. Although he was running in cement shoes quite a bit last year so maybe 1000 yards is too much. Meanwhile it seems the Jets are content to liquidate Revis, sign no one, fix their cap problems, and finish 0-16... which might be a great idea if they can get the franchise QB finally.  Being that you scored like 6 points less than me total on the year tells me your team with fine, especially with a top 5 pick in the draft. You probably don't need Burner anymore. I love Amendola though. I love white boy slot receivers. That's why Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl are my all time favorite players. Well, them and my favorite former Pat Curtis Martin.

Yeah, good luck with those Jets. You couldn't pay me to watch Sanchize. :-D I like the Welker/Amendola archetype as well. Before the Amendola stuff I was hoping they would go after Brian Hartline. He's been killing the Pats while on the Dolphins, but he re-upped for basically the same contract Amendola signed.

In my bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea he is heheheh. Sorry for being evil about this. I'm sure as a fan of the pats you feel good about this if Danny can stay healthy (big if with that guy). He's like, what, four years younger than Welker? If he stays healthy, marking him down for 100-1300-9 is a pretty conservative projection I think.

Yea Burner will probably end up on the cheap on some contender. Maybe GB if they miss out on Steven Jackson. He's good for a 1000 and 10 I think under those conditions if he still has tread left on the tires. Although he was running in cement shoes quite a bit last year so maybe 1000 yards is too much.

Meanwhile it seems the Jets are content to liquidate Revis, sign no one, fix their cap problems, and finish 0-16... which might be a great idea if they can get the franchise QB finally.

Being that you scored like 6 points less than me total on the year tells me your team with fine, especially with a top 5 pick in the draft. You probably don't need Burner anymore.

I love Amendola though. I love white boy slot receivers. That's why Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl are my all time favorite players. Well, them and my favorite former Pat Curtis Martin.

Yeah, good luck with those Jets. You couldn't pay me to watch Sanchize.

I like the Welker/Amendola archetype as well. Before the Amendola stuff I was hoping they would go after Brian Hartline. He's been killing the Pats while on the Dolphins, but he re-upped for basically the same contract Amendola signed.

Ugh. Let's not talk about Mark Sanchez please. I don't want to go to bed angry.

Yea, I feel like Hartline would be crazy good with Brady throwing to him. He's 6-2, 200 so he's definitely a pretty big target out there.

Constantine

Jets continue to clean house, losing Bell, DeVito, Greene and Pouha today, and signing Garrard.  I'm guessing they still hope to trade Tebow before they have to cut him.  I'd like to see Steven Jackson join the Jets but I don't think they are looking to win in 2013/2014.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!