IGNORED

Nicest pros?

Davie81
Note: This thread is 4058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This cracks me up.  For all of you that say so-in-so was “unfriendly” please explain!  Did you make that assessment on a certain interaction while so-in-so was working?  Or because so-in-so didn’t return the “hi fella” while he was working?  Or because so-in-so didn’t sign your Loud Mouth shirt while he was working?  Maybe it was because so-in-so’s caddy asked you to put your phone away while he was working…..

This is their livelihood and distractions inhibit focus.  If someone comes up to me during my working hours and says “Hey!!!!  Sign my program!!!” I’m going to tell them to get lost.  The same holds true for the pros when they are inside the ropes.  They are working people.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

This cracks me up.  For all of you that say so-in-so was “unfriendly” please explain!  Did you make that assessment on a certain interaction while so-in-so was working?  Or because so-in-so didn’t return the “hi fella” while he was working?  Or because so-in-so didn’t sign your Loud Mouth shirt while he was working?  Maybe it was because so-in-so’s caddy asked you to put your phone away while he was working….. This is their livelihood and distractions inhibit focus.  If someone comes up to me during my working hours and says “Hey!!!!  Sign my program!!!” I’m going to tell them to get lost.  The same holds true for the pros when they are inside the ropes.  They are working people.

So in so, tiger woods, is unfriendly because he throws his clubs at fans in the gallery, refuses to interact with fans "after work" an has a poor attitude you can see displayed on the course

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

Originally Posted by tpj070

So in so, tiger woods, is unfriendly because he throws his clubs at fans in the gallery, refuses to interact with fans "after work" an has a poor attitude you can see displayed on the course

LMAO, Tiger has never intentionally thrown his club at any fan in any gallery.  That is quite the accusation….do you have any proof of this?  Oh, his poor attitude has resulted in 76 wins and counting.  The man is committed and determined which people like you misconstrue as “he’s a meanie”….

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh

Originally Posted by Bump-n-MI

LMAO, Tiger has never intentionally thrown his club at any fan in any gallery.  That is quite the accusation….do you have any proof of this?  Oh, his poor attitude has resulted in 76 wins and counting.  The man is committed and determined which people like you misconstrue as “he’s a meanie”….

try and tell me thats not intentional. Do i like his game and think hes great yes. his 76 wins are undisputed but his class is lacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkgJ3TbaMgk

try and tell me thats not intentional. Do i like his game and think hes great yes. his 76 wins are undisputed but his class is lacking.

I don’t need to try and tell you anything because apparently you have determined there was malicious intent on his part.  I believe he threw his club in frustration (which happens millions and millions of times each year from people that also have no agenda or intent other than to relieve some frustration).

Now if you were to ask me if that was childish and reckless my response would have been an astounding yes.

I don’t need to try and tell you anything because apparently you have determined there was malicious intent on his part.  I believe he threw his club in frustration (which happens millions and millions of times each year from people that also have no agenda or intent other than to relieve some frustration).

Now if you were to ask me if that was childish and reckless my response would have been an astounding yes.

malicious intent or not. his intent was to throw the club and the result was it ended up in the gallery.

I ran into Arnold Palmer twice by accident. Not at any tournaments.

The first time was in the mid 1980's at Palwaukee airport outside of Chicago. We were having lunch at the restaurant, and Arnie walked in, white shirt and tie, to go upstairs to flight operations and check in. He had just landed his jet. He stopped at our table after I pointed him out to my business partners and chatted for a few minutes.

The second time, in 1998, I was golfing with corporate buddies in Palm Desert. That evening we went to a restaurant, and waiting for a table, we went to the bar room. Lo and behold, Arnie, cocktail in hand was in the middle of everyone having a great conversation.

The guy never fails to take time and talk and have a good time with everyone.

malicious intent or not. his intent was to throw the club and the result was it ended up in the gallery.

You are right, he's a meanie

Originally Posted by jimmyc

I ran into Arnold Palmer twice by accident. Not at any tournaments.

The first time was in the mid 1980's at Palwaukee airport outside of Chicago. We were having lunch at the restaurant, and Arnie walked in, white shirt and tie, to go upstairs to flight operations and check in. He had just landed his jet. He stopped at our table after I pointed him out to my business partners and chatted for a few minutes.

The second time, in 1998, I was golfing with corporate buddies in Palm Desert. That evening we went to a restaurant, and waiting for a table, we went to the bar room. Lo and behold, Arnie, cocktail in hand was in the middle of everyone having a great conversation.

The guy never fails to take time and talk and have a good time with everyone.

Played bayhill a few weeks ago and was really disappointed to hear that Arnie wasn't there that weekend. I really wanted to meet him and from what I hear he just hangs around the course and clubhouse talking to members and guests. Planning on going back next year and hopefully he will be there.

• Administrator

You said " he throws his clubs at fans in the gallery "

So far he's thrown ONE club near a gallery, and it wasn't AT the fans in the gallery.

It was a stupid move, and yet he did it ONCE and hasn't done it SINCE, so he's learned his lesson.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im sorry but being part of a touring pro is signing autographs, having your photo taken ECT. It is just part of the job and if you hate it well.. You are just not cut out to be a touring pro.. Or dont deserve to be. Simple.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by RetroJFrancisco

Im sorry but being part of a touring pro is signing autographs, having your photo taken ECT. It is just part of the job and if you hate it well.. You are just not cut out to be a touring pro.. Or dont deserve to be. Simple.

I disagree entirely.

But Tiger haters are always looking to find ways... so carry on.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I disagree entirely.

So you are telling me that fans mean nothing in this sport? Treat them like crap and lose them.. Its that simple.

You said "he throws his clubs at fans in the gallery"

So far he's thrown ONE club near a gallery, and it wasn't AT the fans in the gallery.

It was a stupid move, and yet he did it ONCE and hasn't done it SINCE, so he's learned his lesson.

There's not that room for error when you are at top of the golf world. you can't do it once. its not acceptable. and it was AT fans.

I disagree entirely.

Act like a jerk on the course like Tiger does and it shows a terrible example for children and aspiring golfers. If you took the "greatest" golfer's lead on the golf course you would end up throwing your clubs on the ground or "near" fans. cussing all the time. acting without class nearly daily. cheating on your wife and yes of course actions do count in your character. basically take all that and he's really a bad guy.

So you are telling me that fans mean nothing in this sport? Treat them like crap and lose them.. Its that simple.

agreed totally. golf is unlike any other sport. you can almost touch these guys and the interaction between them and the fans is an essential part of the sport. going to a tournament isn't like a baseball game where you can be hundred of yards away.

• Administrator

1. I said no such thing. (Neither did you, before.)
  2. Tiger in danger of losing fans? You are from the planet we call "Earth" right?

Originally Posted by tpj070

and it was AT fans.

Not intentionally. He said as much, and given that it happened ONCE, and he's never done anything like it before or since, I'm willing to believe him. But like I said, Tiger fans are always looking for ways to ding him.

Originally Posted by tpj070

If you took the "greatest" golfer's lead on the golf course you would end up throwing your clubs on the ground or "near" fans. cussing all the time. acting without class nearly daily. cheating on your wife and yes of course actions do count in your character. basically take all that and he's really a bad guy.

If you say so. I couldn't care less about the off-the-course stuff. Just his golf.

And I'd rather see someone showing emotion on the golf course - good AND bad - than just being a mindless robot. I've said that a ton of times here, so I'm not getting into a Tiger debate again, nor is this thread.

Nobody's saying Tiger is one of the "nicest pros." Though he does treat his fellow golfers rather well, by their accounts. So that's the end of that.

I said no such thing. (Neither did you, before.)

Tiger in danger of losing fans? You are from the planet we call "Earth" right?

Not intentionally. He said as much, and given that it happened ONCE, and he's never done anything like it before or since, I'm willing to believe him. But like I said, Tiger fans are always looking for ways to ding him.

If you say so. I couldn't care less about the off-the-course stuff. Just his golf.

And I'd rather see someone showing emotion on the golf course - good AND bad - than just being a mindless robot. I've said that a ton of times here, so I'm not getting into a Tiger debate again, nor is this thread.

Nobody's saying Tiger is one of the "nicest pros." Though he does treat his fellow golfers rather well, by their accounts. So that's the end of that.

Yeah i think he learned how to be so introverted from his Dad. Definitely not the best trait he picked up from him.

Note: This thread is 4058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!