• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hot Players for 2013

1 post in this topic

It's still early in the season, but which players do you think are going to have a great season this year?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Why is Polygamy Illegal?
      By SavvySwede · Posted
      Trick question. Marriage never made sense from a legal standpoint. Why treat people differently under the law just because they're in a committed relationship? 
      By Silent · Posted
      You'll have to excuse me, I didn't know what that was and apparently was to lazy to google it. I did now  To answer that question: no, I don't think that fear is very real, but if you have that fear with polygamy and you don't allow that by law, I guess that automatically means you don't allow polyandry as well. Equal rights and so... About the last, I did answer that and gave my opinion on why I think it's against the law. You just don't agree with that, that's fine. I think it's about protection (surpression, financially etc.) and the fact that by law men and women are equal, but in reality it's experienced by a lot of people as unfriendly to women. I don't say they are right or I agree with that, I'm just saying that I think that is the thought behind that law.
      By Abu3baid · Posted
      If people are being denied their right they always have the options to end their relationship.. The same way a woman who is mistreated or beaten in a single marriage has the choice to leave that marriage or call law enforcement or what ever.  Simply, I have to disagree that a law would pass to protect from something happening (i.e. man denying wives from executing same right) while majority who practice it and are happy doing it. Then you also didn't answer the part about the polyandry.. is there a fear that the woman would deny the husband from executing his very same right as well? Also, I doubt that there is a demand right now from people who want group marriages anyway.. Let us get back to the basics.. Marriage has been defined as the union between 1 man and 1 woman.  Now that definition has been changed to be the union between 1 consenting adult to another (i'm making up that definition as I don't know what it is now), so on what basis could someone tell 3 consenting adults (i.e. 1 man and 2 women) that they are not allowed to be married?
      By Silent · Posted
      I can only speculate about why. And I think it's about protecting women. You can have in theory polygamy being legal, and for some people that would work perfectly fine. But I fear that in reality it means that men can marry a bunch of women, and at the same time deny their wives to execute that very same right. I think allowing a law like that it opens the door further for some kind of cults as well. Also by law a man or woman has the right not to testify against their spouse; what about a group marriage then? Everybody is protected simply because you have a lot of spouses?  Basically I think it's not allowed by law because it opens the door more to supression and misuse. That's sad for the people with good intentions and honestly feel happy in a marriage like that.
    • 2015 Presidents Cup Discussion Thread
      By Gunther · Posted
      Couple thoughts: 1.  Believe each of the US partnerships are 1st time they've teamed up.  Would rather have seen Phil with Rickie and Spieth with Reid but no real complaints until I see them play, a few just seem a little awkward. 2.  Surprised Bae sitting given that he's won on that course twice, I figured he'd get 5 matches there.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries