IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Love this thing so far... played yesterday and rolled in 5 birdies. Nothing but good things to say about it. Sorry for the terrible huge pictures.

:titleist::vokey::edel:

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 8.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... 3-wood: Titleist 915 Fd 13.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19o w/ X-flex Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8 ... Driving Iron: Titleist T-MB 3-iron w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 1o flat) ... 4-6: Titleist 716 CB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... 7-PW: Titleist 716 MB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... GW: Vokey 52.12 F grind w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (2o flat) ... LW: Vokey 58.08 M grind w/ TT DG S400 (2o flat) Putter: 34" Edel McKenzie

Yup....Ugh...golf, what a fickle game... You forgot to tell everyone that the 7 was on a par 3....and it wasn't even a terrible tee shot. And then to plug right under the lip of the bunker? The Golf Gods didn't want me to shoot 75....

I figured you'd want to share that sad tale. ;)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tried to compress the pics, sorry they're huge.  I've played with my Edel twice now (not counting 3 or 4 sessions on the practice green).  I haven't made every putt, but the fit, feel and control have been an immediate and pronounced improvement versus my prior menagerie of putters.  I'm consistently hitting putts on the line in intend (unless I manually pull or push them off line - which I can tell).  My speed is dramatically improved, and I have been extraordinarily steady on all my 4-8 foot clean up putts.  I suspected I would really benefit from a properly fit putter, but thus far I am extremely pleased.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

That's awesome.... I've found the same, speed control is great, and the four footers are going in so much more. Two putts are much easier.

Colin P.

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!! A ding! No idea how this happened....less than 5 rounds with the girl...

Wow, dude. Now I know why you have so many dings on the BMW. :p

Christian

Wow, dude. Now I know why you have so many dings on the BMW. :p

Probably because I parked it on the street at the Costa Rican Day Parade.... ;-);-)

Colin P.

Probably because I parked it on the street at the Costa Rican Day Parade.... ;-);-)

What'd you do, drive back from Columbia and stop in Costa Rica?

Christian

What'd you do, drive back from Columbia and stop in Costa Rica?

Lol if I drove it in ColOmbia there'd be nothing left of it that hasn't been stolen....lol

Colin P.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had the counters weights on the bottom drop out of their Edel putter?  I made the assumption they were tight from the factory, and apparently that was a bad assumption.  

(sorry could not find a better place to ask)  

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Has anyone had the counters weights on the bottom drop out of their Edel putter?  I made the assumption they were tight from the factory, and apparently that was a bad assumption.  

(sorry could not find a better place to ask)  

No - mine were tight, tight

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

I've never even adjusted mine or checked on them.

I heard of one of my guys getting a putter and having the weights fall out, too. Funny thing was he didn't order a Vari-Weight putter, just a standard one…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've never even adjusted mine or checked on them.

I heard of one of my guys getting a putter and having the weights fall out, too. Funny thing was he didn't order a Vari-Weight putter, just a standard one…

I bought the weight kit (6g / 21g), but do not see where I can buy the 12g by themselves.  

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator

I bought the weight kit (6g / 21g), but do not see where I can buy the 12g by themselves.  

Those should be in your putter. Otherwise high should have specified you needed the other two.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Those should be in your putter. Otherwise high should have specified you needed the other two.

Agree they should be in my putter ... but they fell out while playing ... so I would like to order new ones.  I sent an email to Edel asking.  :-)

Just as a follow up ... contacted Edel and they are mailing me the original weights free of charge.  Got to give a shout out to Edel for handling this quickly.  I will make damn sure they are tight before I go out.  

I golfed on Friday ... I know they were both in late in the round ... golfed on Sunday noticed one was missing, but did not have the tool to tighten remaining one, but watched them closely, then on the 12 hole after putting I noticed the second one gone ...I had chipped up from the rough and dropped the putter down in the rough ... we looked but could not find it ... just odd they would both drop out so close to each other.  

Again a shout out to Edel for handling it quickly. 

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!