IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes I am... between this and the 5SK school yesterday I have high expectations for myself.

Uh oh........ :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I was fit for my Edel they showed me that I aimed much better with a line on the top line than the flange. I thought it hokum but they are right! I love my Edel. Got the wedges too. Wonderful stuff.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Yes I am... between this and the 5SK school yesterday I have high expectations for myself.

Well.......?!   Don't keep us in the dark here!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Well.......?!   Don't keep us in the dark here!

Yeah! How many handicap strokes have you lost yet? :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by colin007

Btw, does anybody know how Edel feels about fat grips? I love my superstroke slim, I don't know if I could go back to a thin grip...

anyone?

Colin P.

I played pretty bad actually. The putter is great but it's going to take a while to get use to it aiming at what I want.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Btw, does anybody know how Edel feels about fat grips? I love my superstroke slim, I don't know if I could go back to a thin grip...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Good question.  I like my non-tapered grip too.

I don't have an Edel but saw a number of them this weekend.  I think at least 25% of our tournament players had Edel putters.  All of them had the same grip, which I assume to be their standard, and it was a round grip.  Not the typical pistol grip you see on most putters.

It didn't seem tapered either, but I don't really know ... didn't look that closely.

But I would think it'd be similar to what Erik told you about the different finishes on the putters.  The whole point of the fitting is to fine tune your aim, so whatever you're fitted with should be what you stick with.  I don't know how much the grip thickness could alter aim, but its not something I'd mess with.

Hi I have a question for all you Edel owners and especially anyone that does fittings for Edel.  If after you get fit, has anyone gone back, say 6 months later for another fitting to see if after getting used to the putter your alignment or aiming is still the same.  I know it will be different for everyone but I wanted to know if you have a tendency to leave the face open or closed on putts that over time after missing most of your puts one one side of the hole you would consciously or unconsciously make an adjustment and adjust your aim to compensate.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't have an Edel but saw a number of them this weekend.  I think at least 25% of our tournament players had Edel putters.  All of them had the same grip, which I assume to be their standard, and it was a round grip.  Not the typical pistol grip you see on most putters.

It didn't seem tapered either, but I don't really know ... didn't look that closely.

But I would think it'd be similar to what Erik told you about the different finishes on the putters.  The whole point of the fitting is to fine tune your aim, so whatever you're fitted with should be what you stick with.  I don't know how much the grip thickness could alter aim, but its not something I'd mess with.

i dont know much about clubmaking or weight of grips, but i would think it would be a matter of preference if the weight is ok (being that the weight is so important to distance control). i really like my fat grip, not really a fan of going back to a slim grip.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

i dont know much about clubmaking or weight of grips, but i would think it would be a matter of preference if the weight is ok (being that the weight is so important to distance control). i really like my fat grip, not really a fan of going back to a slim grip.

Round is their standard grip and it is a constant width through the grip (not tapered). The reason why is that they found that a round grip leads to better and more constant grip pressure as opposed to a traditional putter grip with a flat side and corners. On top of that, with a grip that has a flat side, if it moves even a little bit or is put on askew to begin with it can throw off your aim.

As far as the weight portion goes, they fit you for that too, and not just the weight of the head. If needed they will install counterweights so the club is where you need it to be.

That being said, if you are more comfortable with a paddle grip, Edel sells them as well (in multiple colors).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 4 weeks later...

Got my fitting yesterday, I was aiming way to the left, no wonder on long putts I could see my putter opens so much.

For some reason I need a Plumber neck putter and usually (from what I heard) such a putter make people aim to the left, but for me it was right online.

Originally Posted by Golden

Got my fitting yesterday, I was aiming way to the left, no wonder on long putts I could see my putter opens so much.

For some reason I need a Plumber neck putter and usually (from what I heard) such a putter make people aim to the left, but for me it was right online.

Congrats!

As to aim, it's always a combo of factors - head shape, hosel, offset, sight lines, etc. that assist you in proper aiming. At first, I wondered about my fitting, but accepted it. That was 4 years ago, and the same Edel is still in the bag.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Thank you, I'm looking forward to receive and try it.

I was reading the thread and I was not really confident to find a fitter here in Quebec city. So I was really quite surprised to find one so close to my home (15 minutes drive).

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Golden

The wait is killing me. How can I check the status of my putter?

I finally broke down and called to check the status.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I would just call Edel and ask. They're not that big (yet) and if you're nice about it I bet someone will check for you.

http://edelgolf.com/contact-edel-golf

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Thanks I'll try that.. I'm going to the States in june with friends.. and I was hoping to have my new putter in hand by then.

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!