IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Worst case scenario Tomorrow :)

Edel customer support is very responsive thumbs up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got it .. Hopefully I'll putt a little bit better but I at least the putter looks way better then my current putter.

• 1 month later...
I love my Edel putter. I had the luxury of being fitted by Dave Edel in Austin. I can't say I immediately starting draining 20 footers but my stats are getting better and better. Before I got my putter I was averaging 33 or 34 putts per round. I am down around 30 or 31. My last 2 were 29 and 28 (two chip ins though). I always liked three site lines or two lines and a dot but Dave said I actually lined up better with no site lines at all. I really like a clean look and it looks even better without them. I do have some addition weight in the shaft and the putter has great balance. The only issue I have is that I have failed cycle any of my other putters out of the corner and into my bad. I used got really enjoy trying new things but as my scores continue to go down I find much more enjoyment with what is in my bag. It's worth the money to get fit and have a putter custom made for you. Scotty won't do that for the masses. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/28/nuhuja3e.jpg [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/28/ru4ypune.jpg[/IMG]

golfgun , your edel is a beauty !

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Tristan how has your putting improved since getting the Edel putter? Any stats to share?

Putting is much better. I'm getting to the point now where I really don't have any of the old compensations left in the stroke. I feel much more confident that anything from five feet is going to go in, which was certainly not the case before. As far as actual stats, I really don't have any to provide. I got pretty lazy for a while about keeping stats during my rounds, however, I'm back to it now. Last round I had 31 putts and no 3 putts. Also, it's hard to attribute all of that to the putter as I also took an AimPoint class at the same time I received the new putter so that really helped as well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

After reading about the Edel putters and fitting, I became interested and did more research. The closest fitter near me is 3 1/2 hours away in Chicago. After contemplating, I decided not to do it (mostly because of the entire day I'd have to devote to doing it...). Well, yesterday my wife suggested a weekend away with our girls as a 3 day getaway before they start school in two weeks. The destination? Chicago! I mentioned this fitting thing, which she never knew I looked into, and she said she'd be fine with me doing it on Saturday morning. Gosh, it's almost like I HAVE to do it now :)

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

After reading about the Edel putters and fitting, I became interested and did more research. The closest fitter near me is 3 1/2 hours away in Chicago. After contemplating, I decided not to do it (mostly because of the entire day I'd have to devote to doing it...).

Well, yesterday my wife suggested a weekend away with our girls as a 3 day getaway before they start school in two weeks. The destination? Chicago!

I mentioned this fitting thing, which she never knew I looked into, and she said she'd be fine with me doing it on Saturday morning.

Gosh, it's almost like I HAVE to do it now :)

Go for it. It's the best money I've ever spent on golf equipment.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Really great read and thread here. I have a couple of questions. I, like some others here, feel as though I'm a pretty good putter. I don't keep track of putts per round, but have multiple one putts - par savers. From what I've gathered, the folks that have done the Edel fitting realized they were aiming way off their intended target lines. My first question is, were you making putts BEFORE the Edel? If so, how? I saw where Tristan mentioned he's "almost got all the compensations out of his stroke". If this is the ultimate culprit - misalignment + compensation stroke, then wouldn't a putting lesson be a better place to start? A good teaching pro should be able to watch your setup, alignment and stroke and assist in getting your stroke on line. It seems to me people are looking to the arrow to fly straighter and not the Indian pulling the string of the bow. Thoughts? adam

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

amac,

This is my personal feedback.

I brought my current SC putter ( which is custom fitted , lie adjusted to 68deg , cut to 33.5" from 34" ) when i see the Edel fitter in Colorado.

I went through the fitting process and  the fitter told me that my current putter is good for my aiming .

I told him that i was struggling with consistent distance control  ,he then assembled an edel putter to my current putter specs and add a 40g counter balancing at the handle,  and my distance control become more consistent.

At the end of the session , he advised me to keep the current putter and add counter weight at the grip.

However , i still go forward to order the Edel putter since i want to remove all the doubts on ill fitted equipment for my game - aiming , weight etc.

I played 4 rounds so far with the new putter.

1st round was a so so since i m still adjusting to the new putter.

From 2nd round on wards i am seeing better result and on what of the 9 holes , i have 4 birdies thru 6 holes , starts making more putts from 10 ft in.

The best parts is i start to make putts from 20 ft , which is rare for me .

The fitting process removed my doubts on my aiming and i know i have the right tool to score.

I attended Aim Point Class 1 year ago and with the new putter , i am sure it certainly help my game.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I was fitted for and bought an Edel putter, 56*, and 60* wedges today. I'll try to remember to post how they affect my game after I practice/play with them for a while. The one thing I will comment on now is the pixl insert. I couldn't believe how much I liked this insert. It just made the strike feel so much better. After my specs were id'd and I had hit many putts with a standard face, the fitter had me try one with the insert. After the first stroke, I KNEW I was going to get the insert. I don't even know how to describe exactly what it is, but it's great!

The Edel's pixel insert actually gives a higher pitch of impact sound compare to my  SC .

It feels not as soft as SC.

Have to re-learn the impact feel of edel for distance control .

What I Play:

This is my personal feedback.

I brought my current SC putter ( which is custom fitted , lie adjusted to 68deg , cut to 33.5" from 34" ) when i see the Edel fitter in Colorado.

I went through the fitting process and  the fitter told me that my current putter is good for my aiming .

I told him that i was struggling with consistent distance control  ,he then assembled an edel putter to my current putter specs and add a 40g counter balancing at the handle,  and my distance control become more consistent.

At the end of the session , he advised me to keep the current putter and add counter weight at the grip.

However , i still go forward to order the Edel putter since i want to remove all the doubts on ill fitted equipment for my game - aiming , weight etc.

I played 4 rounds so far with the new putter.

1st round was a so so since i m still adjusting to the new putter.

From 2nd round on wards i am seeing better result and on what of the 9 holes , i have 4 birdies thru 6 holes , starts making more putts from 10 ft in.

The best parts is i start to make putts from 20 ft , which is rare for me .

The fitting process removed my doubts on my aiming and i know i have the right tool to score.

I attended Aim Point Class 1 year ago and with the new putter , i am sure it certainly help my game.

I'm glad to hear the putter is working out for you. Anything that gives you confidence is a major plus in the game of golf. I played over the weekend with my father and a couple of his friends. Their putting was so bad, I had to look away when they were putting. It started with their aim being off and then their stroke compensated for bad aim. Some went in, but most missed. So, my point is whether an Edel putter can take a bad stroke and make it better? My assumption of the answer is if you have the confidence that your putter is truely aiming at the hole/line, you will make a better stroke. However, that's a far stretch from what I witnessed over the weekend. Yikes! On the other hand, I had 29 putts and made 8 one putts. I work hard on alignment and making a stroke down the line, not towards the hole. I am definitely open to having my stroke, alignment and choice of putters evaluated. If there is a better setup for my game, then I'm all in. Thanks and enjoy your putter! : )

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

• 1 month later...
2 months and about 10 rounds with Edel Putter, i have improved significantly 20 footers long putts , speed and distance control are much better .
What I Play:

• 2 weeks later...
I was fitted for and bought an Edel putter, 56*, and 60* wedges today. I'll try to remember to post how they affect my game after I practice/play with them for a while. The one thing I will comment on now is the pixl insert. I couldn't believe how much I liked this insert. It just made the strike feel so much better. After my specs were id'd and I had hit many putts with a standard face, the fitter had me try one with the insert. After the first stroke, I KNEW I was going to get the insert. I don't even know how to describe exactly what it is, but it's great!

Now that I have many rounds in with my Edel clubs, I thought I'd give one last update. I am so much more confident and consistent with my putter. If I'm 5' or closer, I am truly upset if I don't make every one. My playing partners have actually commented on how well I putt on the short ones. It took me a few rounds and a few practice sessions to lag it well, though. I'm not sure if it was getting used to the adjusted weighting, or what... But I'm now pretty darn good at it. As for the wedges, I pretty much saw immediate improvements. Most notably on shorter shots that need to carry a hazard. I now will hit the 60* with confidence in those situations. Also, it took a couple of serious practice sessions to get the feel of how these wedges spin the ball on chips and short pitches. I had 3 yr old Cleveland wedges before I bought the Edel's. The Edel's seem to produce more spin in any given situation.

DAMN, that's a good looking putter! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!