IGNORED

3 WOOD REPLACEMENT

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My 3 wood is a Taylormade burner, old school bubble shaft. When its pure I hit about 200-220 off the deck, further off the tee of course. I currently play a Taylormade superfast 2.0 driver, which I like. What are some good models to consider ? I do prefer Taylormade but am flexible on the brand. Thank you for any info .

Ping G15 or G20 (more the G15). I wasn't able to hit a 3W until I bought a G15. It's very forgiving, but reliable all together. I usually hit about 200 yards straight with it, and I by no means have a good swing. Its a club that you wont need to replace for awhile.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I have an RBZ 4 wood and really like it. The new Callaway X-Hot stuff is getting pretty good reviews as well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i recently picked up last years RBZ 3 wood for $180...the new ones are $250 i believe. So i think there is good value there.

I was recently at a golf shop (Golfdom) and the pro there was boasting about the new callaway X hot. he said he got invited out to carlsbad, ca where callaway has their headquarters and was demo-ing all their new clubs. He claims its the best fairway this season . keep in mind hes a +1 so he can hit anything, and he basically gets paid by callaway to push their clubs

my buddy tested it in the virtual room however, and hes only about 5'9 and was crushing a 3 wood about 260...so i think its fair to say its a good club. he ended up buying it. we haven't played this season yet since its still cold in the DC area, so i havent seen it on a live course

these would be my 2 recommendations

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!