IGNORED

Right Handed Lefty needs new clubs

Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a right handed person who has the curse of having a left handed father. I am to this day (I'm 34) using his hand me downs. I have a set of hollow back Warrior clubs with oversized grips that are probably 8 years old. Unfortunately since I golf lefty and live in a town where the only store that has golf equipment is Dick's I don't have the luxury of actually trying out clubs before I buy them. I know I am better off spending money on lessons and spending time practicing putting and chipping but that's not going to happen.

I shoot 80 to 90 in most tournaments I play.

6 foot tall, 175 lbs, medium athletic build.

Driver is the R11s, stiff shaft. I hit 285-295 ish.

My 6 iron I hit about 175

My PW goes about 130

Help me buy some big boy clubs!

**If it makes any difference, the ground on most of the courses I play on during the summer and the one I belong to get very dry and burnt.

Here is a great deal for some very good lefty irons. I would look at the six to pitching wedge and then check out the hybrids (which help when the ground is hard) along with some used lefty woods.

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/irons-razr-x/irons-razr-x,default,pd.html

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Are you planning to continue playing lefty or are you looking to go righty? You have a 14 handycap so if I were you I would staying with what appears to be working for you.

I would find some place to try different clubs before buying. But if that truely is not an option you can always find good buys on-line, e.g., Rockbottoms Golf, Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, etc. etc.

Since this is your first set of "Big Boy" clubs I would spend the money and buy new. I play Pings and love them, but other don't and play other brands. That is why I would try to find a place to try different irons. They are all good, it is really about what works for you. You also want to get fitted by someone that knows what the hell they are doing.

I am going to coontinue to play lefty. Too late for me to switch. Unfortunately the closest place to get fitted is 2hrs away and they never have a reasonable selection for lefties. I did go get fitted at a demo day and found some adams irons I wanted but the $1100 was a bit stiff for my duffing. The calloway preowned seems like a great deal.

Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!