IGNORED

My Swing (TMarshall)

TMarshall
Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: 80-82

My typical ball flight is: Fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Severe Slice

Videos: 8 iron

Have a look guys and see what you think

Driver: 913d2 9.5 Deg Stiff                                                                       

Fairway: 913f 15 Deg Stiff   

Hybrid: 913h 21 Deg Stiff                             

Irons: MP59 4-PW Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM4 50, 54 & 58 Deg

Putter: White Hot Tour No.9

Ball: 2013 Pro V1

The video is not working for some reason.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this is the link dont know why its not working!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_2U95Ic5o

Pretty nice swing, I will let others comment on that for now, but your posture is killing my back just looking at it.  You have a very strong anterior pelvic tilt(butt out) posture it looks like.  I fight with this big time as well.  Check out the thread below to save your back down the road.

See this:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

First things I noticed were the hips getting stuck, and starting from the top, which is causing fighting the slice.

Notice how straight your right leg has gotten. Need to keep some flexion in the right knee.

Hips need to be more active, leading the club down from the top. Look at where Rory's hips are at impact- already firing through and cleared.

Same thing here. Look at Rory's lower body when he's in the same position as you. Your right foot hasn't even come up yet and the ball is long gone.

Once you get your lower body unlocked you're going to hit it really good. Your plane and timing are obviously good.

Couple things.  First losing flex in the trail leg isn't a bad, it's something most great players do, allows the hips to turn and turn on an angle.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee

Your hips do tend to stop turning towards the end of the back swing but it's because of a set-up issue.  Can't tell but I also think the hips are moving to the right on the back swing.  Can check out this thread for more posture into.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Here's Tiger hitting an 8 iron, getting the posture better will also help the next piece, make it easier to get the hips, left knee, and weight forward.

So if the problem is a slice, the path is too far left, left knee looks very straight here and the right foot looks planted.  So there's not enough weight forward at impact.  Having the weight back tends to cause the path to be too far to the left.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wow all i can say is thanks so much guys, amazing the knowledge that some people have on the swing, im playing again in the morning i will let you all know how i get on. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Regards, Todd

Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!