IGNORED

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Zach

Foley w/ Bae?

Hover camera over Scott Stallings

Danish golfer Olesen

Massive beach in front of par 3 17th (caddie fishing out balls)

17th from fairway/tee

Kyle Stanley

Signature 6th hole 555 yds that wraps around large lake/pond -signature hole maybe?

Olesen

How dangerous are those drone blades? If someone loses control or if there's interference with the remote, how much damage can they do to a person?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great pics Rick.  Practice rounds are a blast.  Didn't make it out for a practice round this year, but I'll head over to watch tomorrow, and probably again on Saturday.

Always a great event.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by nevets88

How dangerous are those drone blades? If someone loses control or if there's interference with the remote, how much damage can they do to a person?

It was very close to Pat Perez's head on the practice green - it really can get some good angle shots, but it is noisy as hell by golf standards. It sounds like a swarm of bumble bees. I have a youtube that I'll post later (I'm headed out for a round of golf this a.m. ).

Wow I have never seen that hover camera before.  Are they going to be using that during the actual coverage?  Can probably get come really cool shots.  I'm guessing it will only be used between shots though, no way a player would stand for that thing buzzing overhead mid-swing!

Bayhill is old school - in the residential setting of homes of the 1960s architecture.  Even Arnie's Lodge feels like you've stepped back several decades.

That is cool. I'm into retro myself.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Rick, I gave you a thumbs up for the great photography.

I went into work late today and was watching morning drive. They commented on the hovercam and that they are using it at the tournament. Maybe we can get some unique angles from it. Hopefully the drone people don't object, but I didn't see any weaponry. I was thinking that if it could shoot an electrical charge they could use it to jolt the slow play offenders and video their reaction.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I went into work late today and was watching morning drive. They commented on the hovercam and that they are using it at the tournament. Maybe we can get some unique angles from it. Hopefully the drone people don't object, but I didn't see any weaponry. I was thinking that if it could shoot an electrical charge they could use it to jolt the slow play offenders and video their reaction.

When Rand Paul inquired a few weeks ago, Eric Holder made it clear that they couldn't target American citizens on American soil with drone attacks.  He did NOT say anything (as I recall) about targeting non citizens who are posing a threat to Tiger Woods winning another Bay Hill championship.  (That would almost qualify as terrorism, no?)

Graeme McDowell and Ian Poulter better stay on their toes if they're playing well come Sunday!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

When Rand Paul inquired a few weeks ago, Eric Holder made it clear that they couldn't target American citizens on American soil with drone attacks.  He did NOT say anything (as I recall) about targeting non citizens who are posing a threat to Tiger Woods winning another Bay Hill championship.  (That would almost qualify as terrorism, no?)

Graeme McDowell and Ian Poulter better stay on their toes if they're playing well come Sunday!

In the case of protecting Tiger Woods, I would suggest arming it with Mini Nike Hercules missiles. I think they make a very discernible "Swoosh" sound.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

lol

Better yet, use it on the MASHED POTATOES etc people

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Really, its a golf tournament not a shrine.

I was thinking out of respect for one of the all time greats, the guy who made golf popular back in the day? I mean how many more years do you think the guy's gonna be around?

Originally Posted by walk18

I was thinking out of respect for one of the all time greats, the guy who made golf popular back in the day? I mean how many more years do you think the guy's gonna be around?

Anyone catch Rich Lerner's piece on Arnie? Kind of sad to watch Arnold aging. He did do a  very good job in today's press conference. Still mentally sharp.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/in-play-with-jimmy-roberts-ep-1-arnold-palmer-extended-interview/

Spoke w/ a long time attendee at the Arnold Palmer practice round and the consensus is that after Arnie passes, this tournament will probably pass away as well or at least the venue will change.

http://www.pgatour.com/video.html/2013/03/20/mr--palmer-news-conference-before-arnold-palmer

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!