IGNORED

Anyone else in the northern climes frustrated with this weather?

walk18
Note: This thread is 3823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

SUCKS!  Here in NY, there have only been been 4 days over 50 degrees in all of February and March combined.  I was out on the course for one of them, but usually I've played 3 or 4 times by now.  On the plus side, I treated myself to a new RBZ driver with the money I've saved on greens fees by not playing.

That's about the only good thing, is that I'm saving $$. But seriously, I'm done with this now.

That's about the only good thing, is that I'm saving $$. But seriously, I'm done with this now.

F*ck money. I wanna play golf!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-2* windchill in S. Wisconsin this morning.

I'm not positive, but I think we got enough snow yesterday, to add to what was rained away last week, to still have a sufficient base to ski on at the local x-country trails. Four and five years ago we had early snow and I never bothered to strap on my long sticks figuring there'd be plenty of time later in the season and we got little snow for the second half of winter.  This year I've taken advantage of the snow and have been out a bunch of times.  I love golf but there is something just as satisfying gliding along in the snow-covered trees, getting great exercise,and not having to pay a dime for the experience beyond the cost of gas for a 4-minute car ride to the nearest park.  My wife has never once complained about the cost or time committment of cross country skiing and, unlike golf, she will still join me and our daughter out on the trails (some of which are on golf courses).

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

I blame it on all the Prius owners, if they had gas guzzling, carbon emitting cars we'd all be golfing by now, even our friends in Canada....{Sarcasm}

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

My wife can't wait for it to warm up so her husband is not such an a@#!  Serenity now, I can't take this anymore.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Seeing as im from the UK and technically its in the north of the world, I thought I would let you know my weather situation..

Highs have been about 0c (32F) to 5c (mid/low 40s??) for about 3 weeks now, we had much colder -5c to 0c about a month back.. Its not too bad when the sun is out because its getting its strength back now! But when its cloudy and breezy its a little too cold to be out and its not that enjoyable, the average for this time of year is probably about 7c to 10c highs :)

Not sure if Dayton, Ohio qualifies as northern climate, but it's been cold and rainy here for two weeks.  40 degrees and very windy (felt like ~28) today and I sucked it up today and went to the range. The sun was out so that helped a little. I just couldn't take it anymore, I HAD to hit some golfballs.  Was striking the ball pretty solid today so that helped it seem not quite as cold.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Yeah, here in NY the weather is killing me also.  I'm going to Hilton Head in the end of April and was hoping to get a few rounds under my belt before then but things looking the way they are I'm not sure that is going to happen.  I'm hoping we can at least get some weekdays with a relatively mild temp so I can get to the range.  Serious golf withdrawal right now and the 8' putting practice in my apartment are not doing it for me.

The weather in Winnipeg this morning was -20 C with a north wind making it feel like -35 C. There will be no golf for me until late April with the amount of snow on the ground. We at least have lots of simulators up here but it's not the same.

Extremely frustrated but part of being in Northern Maine..lol. I was getting really excited as a lot of snow had melted and temps were getting nicer...until last night. 17" of fresh snow on the groung this morning and 4-6" on the way on Friday. After that we should start the warm-up/melt into the start of the season but I am really getting cabin fever now. Hoping to be playing on the home course by May 1st but I will be going down state late April and those courses should be open so hoping to slip in a round or two.

80 Degrees and sunny here - wish we had a golf course to go with the weather.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

You guys are gonna hate me.

Despite being in the great white north known as Canada,

I haven't stopped playing all winter. Here on the temperate west coast we certainly have the potential for some ugly white stuff,

but this year has been a blessing and unlike the last two years with 6 (yes only 6) days where it was either too cold or there

was snow, I've been playing non stop.

It certainly helps when you have your own backyard affair too . That's a subject for another time.

Good luck to the rest of you and your frozen balls. Take heart it is spring today.

Mr M

Originally Posted by golfaddiction

SUCKS!  Here in NY, there have only been been 4 days over 50 degrees in all of February and March combined.  I was out on the course for one of them, but usually I've played 3 or 4 times by now.  On the plus side, I treated myself to a new RBZ driver with the money I've saved on greens fees by not playing.

Yes it does, I live outside NYC, weather sucks, snow, rain, wind, cold. I went to the range last weekend and hit a 170 balls, swinging good but freezing my ass off!

I'm right there with many of you .... I'm in NE Wisconsin (GO PACKERS), and this cold and snow is killing me. By this time last year, I had 6 rounds in already.

Paid my membership 8 weeks ago .... this weather is costing me!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Same deal here in n/e PA ... Played once about 3 weeks ago in uncomfortably cold conditions but had to do it. Snow has since returned & it'll be weeks before the courses open again. Thank God for simulator golf - had a great time with it & it got me through the winter

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

In KC we had temps in the 70's and 80's last Thursday and Friday, this Thursday and Friday we are supposed to get 3-6" of snow.  This is not the 2nd day of spring, this is the second month of Winter.  Forget about adjusting your clock, we need to adjust the calendar.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 3823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!