IGNORED

Good putter grips?

Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My putter grip is worn, so I'm looking to get a new putter grip. Anybody have any good suggestions?

Driver: :tmade: Burner '08 10.5* 3 wood: :tmade: Rocketballz 15* 3 hybrid: :tmade: Burner Superlaunch 18* 4 hybrid: :tmade: Rescue 11 21* Irons: :tmade: Burner 1.0 5-AW Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 54* :cleve: CG16 58* Putter: :odyssey: 2 Ball Blade Grips: Golf Pride VDR white Balls: :titleist: Velocity Bag: :tmade: Audi bag

A thousand of them out there, do you have a Golfsmith or some such golf retailer nearby?  They'll have a large selection that you can pick up and fondle......I went to a mid-size this past year and am happy with it.  The trend seems to be bigger and bigger, the premise being that larger grips help quiet the hands in the putting stroke.

Mine is a Winn AVS mid-size and I like it.  Nice and soft and just the right size for my relatively small hands.  But as I said, there are a ton of them out there.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://store.edelgolf.com/collections/grips/products/edel-round-grip

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks for the advice and the link. Also, has anyone ever tried the large super stroke grips? Are they any good?    They look really cool.

Driver: :tmade: Burner '08 10.5* 3 wood: :tmade: Rocketballz 15* 3 hybrid: :tmade: Burner Superlaunch 18* 4 hybrid: :tmade: Rescue 11 21* Irons: :tmade: Burner 1.0 5-AW Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 54* :cleve: CG16 58* Putter: :odyssey: 2 Ball Blade Grips: Golf Pride VDR white Balls: :titleist: Velocity Bag: :tmade: Audi bag

I just put on one of the large Super Stroke grips and love it. I had another brand large grip and it was good but the Super Stroke has a little tacky feel too it but not so much so that it feels sticky. Just feels comfortable for me.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

http://store.edelgolf.com/collections/grips/products/edel-round-grip

Interesting ... Erik mentioned a round grip on his Edel as well.  Did you get fitted for the grip, or is that based solely on preference?  I have an old Ping putter with the standard ping grip, and its falling apart, so I now get to consider all other options.  Golfsmith sells the Ping grip so I could very easily replace it with that one, or the ever popular fat grips, and now you and Erik have added round grips to my choices as well. :)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Interesting ... Erik mentioned a round grip on his Edel as well.  Did you get fitted for the grip, or is that based solely on preference?  I have an old Ping putter with the standard ping grip, and its falling apart, so I now get to consider all other options.  Golfsmith sells the Ping grip so I could very easily replace it with that one, or the ever popular fat grips, and now you and Erik have added round grips to my choices as well. :)

I've tried many grips on a variety of putters over the years and always seem to come back to the Ping grips.  Have one on my Cameron Newport right now.  Its purely personal but they just feel right to me.

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Originally Posted by StrayCat

I've tried many grips on a variety of putters over the years and always seem to come back to the Ping grips.  Have one on my Cameron Newport right now.  Its purely personal but they just feel right to me.

same here...the plain old pistol style ping grip is what I prefer.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Scotty Cameron Baby T Mid-Sized. It's feels better than sex...well not really, but it is an awesome grip.

Other than that one I have the Lamkin 3Q mid-sized in White & Black. It's a firmer grip.

D:      Titleist 913 D2 (10.5, Stiff, Diamana D+ 62 / Tipped 1/2 inch)

F:      TaylorMade RBZ (15.0, 43 inches & 19.0, 42 inches, Fujikura Rombax Type-X, 75S)

H:      Adams A12 (21 degree, 40 inches, Diamana HY92, Stiff)

I:        Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 5-PW (KBS Tour, X-Flex, Soft Stepped 1x)

GW:   Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 50 (KBS Tour, X-Flex, non-conforming)

SW    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 (bent one degree strong, KBS Tour, Stiff, non-conforming)

LW:    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60 (non-conforming, stock shaft)

P1:     Scotty Cameron California Coranado

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Round grips are kind of Edel's thing.... with a normal putter grip, if it moves at all or is put on improperly it can mess with your aim... this isn't the case with a round grip since it's the same all the way around. Also, with the round grips, I was told that it help to keep even pressure.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Round grips are kind of Edel's thing.... with a normal putter grip, if it moves at all or is put on improperly it can mess with your aim... this isn't the case with a round grip since it's the same all the way around. Also, with the round grips, I was told that it help to keep even pressure.

Makes total sense!  Same reason why people like to install their grips with logos or alignment aids upside down.  This is also the exact same reason why I don't putt with an alignment aid on the ball.  If I misalign it when I place the ball down, I've already screwed myself before I even hit the putt.

I just use the round Lamkin oversize grip.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Paradox

same here...the plain old pistol style ping grip is what I prefer.

Did I just see Tiger with a Ping pistol grip today at Arnie's tourney?  My eyes aren't great but the shape was right and I could have sworn I saw PING written down the face.  Anyone know?

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Originally Posted by StrayCat

Did I just see Tiger with a Ping pistol grip today at Arnie's tourney?  My eyes aren't great but the shape was right and I could have sworn I saw PING written down the face.  Anyone know?

Tiger has always used a black Ping grip as far as I can remember. Now if it was a pistol or not, I don't know. But any of the putting footage in 2008 US Open he had that Ping Grip. The Ping is blacked out and you can just barely tell the outline.

D:      Titleist 913 D2 (10.5, Stiff, Diamana D+ 62 / Tipped 1/2 inch)

F:      TaylorMade RBZ (15.0, 43 inches & 19.0, 42 inches, Fujikura Rombax Type-X, 75S)

H:      Adams A12 (21 degree, 40 inches, Diamana HY92, Stiff)

I:        Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 5-PW (KBS Tour, X-Flex, Soft Stepped 1x)

GW:   Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 50 (KBS Tour, X-Flex, non-conforming)

SW    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 (bent one degree strong, KBS Tour, Stiff, non-conforming)

LW:    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60 (non-conforming, stock shaft)

P1:     Scotty Cameron California Coranado

• 3 weeks later...

I'd try a Super Stroke Ultra Slim. Really makes a big difference

909 D2 Driver 9.5°

904F 3 Wood 15°

Idea Pro Black 9031 Hybrid 20°

3-PW CG4 Tour Irons

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 52°

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 59°

Method Core 3i Putter

I just put a SuperStroke Slim 3.0 on my putter and love it.  Funny thing is, a lot of reviewers complained that they lost their touch for distance with the larger grip - for me, it's been just the opposite.  Absent doing something stupid like totally misreading the break, I'm consistently leaving my lag putts closer to the hole than I ever have.  It may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I have very large hands and the grip seems to fit them better than standard grips.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!