IGNORED

This happen to anyone else at the range?

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hit a large bucket of balls trying to get my swing down....Hit my driver, 3 hybrid, 3 & 4 irons....with either club, I hit it right on the mark, get great distance and height, ball goes nice and straight....will hit 2 or 3 of those in a row and be happy with the result, but then trying to recreate it on the next 4 or 5 shots and they are totally mis-hit, topped, etc.

Do I just need more range time?  Rushing around?  Beating myself up mentally?  i.e. trying to hard to make that 8th shot like the 2nd., etc.

When you find the answer, let me know. My golf game is calling.

But I expect it is expectation that tightens the muscles. I hit about 5 drivers on the range before a scramble - perfect. On the course, pushed everything. Not closing the face with the turning of the hips or the path was off. I'd rather hit it like crap on the range than during a round. lol.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sometimes we need to get out of the way and let our swing happen, too many thoughts will hurt your consistency.  For me I need a solid set up, one thought to act as a trigger and then let go...just keep a steady head, relax and let the rest happen.  How often after a poor shot have you walked up to the ball and just hit it, no thoughts and I'll bet the outcome was good.  Have a great day!

Originally Posted by CharlieM

How often after a poor shot have you walked up to the ball and just hit it, no thoughts and I'll bet the outcome was good.  Have a great day!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is exactly what pisses me off. why does it happen, o well

Originally Posted by Crusher47

Hit a large bucket of balls trying to get my swing down....Hit my driver, 3 hybrid, 3 & 4 irons....with either club, I hit it right on the mark, get great distance and height, ball goes nice and straight....will hit 2 or 3 of those in a row and be happy with the result, but then trying to recreate it on the next 4 or 5 shots and they are totally mis-hit, topped, etc.

Do I just need more range time?  Rushing around?  Beating myself up mentally?  i.e. trying to hard to make that 8th shot like the 2nd., etc.

I dont know.......but if you do happen to figure out the answer you could probably sell it and make $1 billion. I think we are all trying to figure out how to make all our shots be like the good ones.

9032LS  Driver Speedline Fast 10 3w  2009 TP  3-PW

Tour Action 588 60* and 56*  Reg 588 50*  Classic #1 Black  Gamer V2

For me, I think it is that I get happy with how I'm hitting 'em and try to "feel" what it is I am doing.  (i.e. I am concentrating on how I shift my weight, or my swing plane, or some other aspect(s) of the swing.)  This generally doesn't end well....

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I did this last time at the range too. Brain gets in the way. I tried correcting a couple of hooked irons and ended up hitting a couple you know what's off of the hosel. Left the range with that stuck in my head.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

Most of my bad ones, (after a few good ones) are caused by speeding up the swing, looking for more clubhead speed and more distance.  What I get is out of control, off-balance bad swings.  Usually bladed line drives with irons.  As soon as I go back to slow takeaway and good tempo, hitting it solid and better results quickly return.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always kind of experiment at the range because it was the only time I could practice. When I bought my net that became the place for swing thoughts. Now the pressure is off at the range when I go. I used to start swinging more aggressive for power. It never works. Funny but my practice net has cured this disease. Tweaked the length of my backswing and speed of the transition and bang magic just started to happen. My last two sessions have been the best ever in 6 years. Mistakes are still there because I'm a high handicap but I was hitting batches of 6i's one after the other. It was like a metronome it was boring to watch them almost but fantastic to hit the ball so pure. I wish much earlier that I got the hang of swinging within myself I would have improved quicker.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Something my instructor had me to try was hitting a few balls with my eyes closed. Apparently, I'm relying entirely on my vision and not feeling the swing. You want to see how consistent you are? Do that! I dug a 2 feet deep hole with a few swings or that's how it felt, anyway. :)

taylormade.gif 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

taylormade.gif R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

taylormade.gif Rescue 23 degree

taylormade.gif #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gif Putter

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!