IGNORED

Ping G25 vs G20 irons

Note: This thread is 4054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Full disclosure , I am a 25 handicap . Tried some G25 graphite irons at Golfsmith and hit them really well . Don't carry lower  than a 5 iron and hit it tops , 160 yds with steel shafts Cobras . Am a senior with good flexibility . Question : 1 . Is it worth spending the extra $$$ for the g25 set  . 2 . Is it worth spending more for graphite . I know graphite should give more distance but since I go from 5 iron to hybrid  , will the graphite expense be worth it as well ?

I actually think that the G20's with the wider sole, you would find more forgiving.  My brother who is about a 13HC and grew up playing blades, switched to them and loves them.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love my G25's with the stock CFS steel shaft, I went for the 4-PW, I use a Ping Tour 50. 54 and 58 wedge and love them.

Looking at a 3 or 4 wood right now maybe the G25 or the new Cobra but will fill the gap with a hybrid depending on the wood I get.

I was not to crazy about graphite shaft irons I tried them all and for the little extra distance I could not control or feel I was in control of my irons but hey that is just me.

Great irons, but there are a lot of brands that are very nice out right now.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I have not played the G20 but I have a set of G25 (steel regular) and I love them. My Callaway Razr X are a close second place.

Up to last year I played various Callaway super game improvement irons with graphite shafts (e.g., Diablo Edge). Late last year I switched to game improvement irons with steel shafts in regular flex and I like them a lot more. To be honest I don't think I lost any distance and I definitely gained more accuracy and feel with the steel shafts.

Welcome to the G team love the G25's also. I also came from Graphite Callaways X20, prior was X18's to the steel pings this was the best move and money spend in a long time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!