IGNORED

Mizuno's "Play Famously" Contest: Win a set of JPX 825 irons and more...

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just want to let you guys know about this cool contest from Mizuno called Play Famously This is an opportunity to be treated like a pro as an exclusive member of “Team JPX.”

From Mizuno:

Play Famously will champion the cause and determination of the “everyman” golfer using Mizuno’s JPX-825 line of game-improvement irons. Pittsburgh, Penn. native Lee Baughman was selected as the first of a 12-member team of Mizuno “game-improvement professionals.”

Baughman was selected as the face of Team JPX through a separate “casting call.” As the official spokesman for Team JPX, Baughman participated in his first “tour” experience in South Florida with fellow Mizuno professional staff members Luke Donald, Charles Howell III, Jonathan Byrd and Stacy Lewis.

“It’s pretty awesome that Mizuno would give a national spotlight to a bunch of everyday amateurs and let us experience what it’s like to be treated like a pro,” said Baughman.  “I never thought in a million years I’d be hitting range balls with one of the best players in the world Luke Donald, but Mizuno made that possible with a campaign for the ‘everyman,’ like me.”

The remaining 11 members of Team JPX will be selected through an online contest at www.playfamously.com . where golfers are encouraged to try the new JPX-825 irons at a participating retailer, and provide their feedback on the high performance game-improvement irons through a brief essay, photos and/or videos demonstrating their passion for the game and why they deserve to be on Team JPX. Winners receive a complete JPX-825 golf package including custom fit JPX-825 irons, JPX-825 woods, JPX wedges, a Mizuno staff bag personalized with their name, a season’s worth of Mizuno apparel and accessories and customized instruction from Team JPX’s “Swing Coach” and PGA Master Teacher, Dr. Gary Wiren. The Team JPX season will culminate with the ultimate tour experience at the JPX Invitational, the first “tour level” event for amateurs at the home of Mizuno’s R&D; Center, the Country Club of the South in Atlanta.

Applications for a coveted spot on Team JPX will be accepted during select periods from March to May 2013.  To see how the JPX-825 irons stack up against the competition and learn more about the campaign, visit www.playfamously.com .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I signed up last week. They are thinking way out of the box on this one and I like it. Go Mizzy!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Some Mizuno fans should have a look at this. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Some Mizuno fans should have a look at this. :)

Yep, you guys still have time, until May, to enter and get on the Mizuno staff

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You think I could choose the 825 Pro's?  I'm gonna check this out tonight.  Write an essay and post a pic doesn't sound too hard.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Originally Posted by amac

You think I could choose the 825 Pro's?  I'm gonna check this out tonight.  Write an essay and post a pic doesn't sound too hard.

Nope, the rules clearly state JPX-825s.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!