IGNORED

My Swing (buckshot4227)

buckshot4227
Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will keep plugging away and get another dtl and fo view either this weekend or early next week.  Thanks guys for the help and comments.

Please give us some details on this quick improvement,it's not something we in golf world see very often.What specifically did you change?

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Please give us some details on this quick improvement,it's not something we in golf world see very often.What specifically did you change?

He said he's on Evolvr, and we see this quick improvement there all the time. We are quite good. It's possible when you do more than quote someone else; when you have a real understanding.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He said he's on Evolvr, and we see this quick improvement there all the time.

We are quite good. It's possible when you do more than quote someone else; when you have a real understanding.

Yep, I went from hitting over the top pulls and shanks to hitting push draws and no shanks in about 1-2 lessons on evolvr.  It is quite good and buckshot is doing some great work.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Thanks guys. I think I have a pretty good idea to the feels I need to be working on now. Probably going to take a while to get them ingrained. One last question before I get to work on this, when Brian tells me my left arm is to much across my chest, does that mean I should be going up with it more instead of in? I did not send the last video I posted here into evolvr. Do my arms look like they are enough in front of me, or should I try and get them a little more up? Thanks guys.

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

Thanks guys. I think I have a pretty good idea to the feels I need to be working on now. Probably going to take a while to get them ingrained. One last question before I get to work on this, when Brian tells me my left arm is to much across my chest, does that mean I should be going up with it more instead of in? I did not send the last video I posted here into evolvr. Do my arms look like they are enough in front of me, or should I try and get them a little more up? Thanks guys.

buckshot....your questions are understandable,but it's also understandable that you should tell us what you did.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

I just worked on the things Brian (from evolvr) and Mike told me to. Its only one swing. They are not ingrained. I have found that it is very easy to "change the picture" while hitting into a net. I'm not worried were the ball goes. The challenge will be to see if I can take the swing from the garage to the course. I probably have a couple months before I have to worry bout that though.

I just worked on the things Brian (from evolvr) and Mike told me to. Its only one swing. They are not ingrained. I have found that it is very easy to "change the picture" while hitting into a net. I'm not worried were the ball goes. The challenge will be to see if I can take the swing from the garage to the course. I probably have a couple months before I have to worry bout that though.

Well in 24 hrs you go from a poor swing to a very good one,that is extremely unusual in golf world where we are told swing changes take months.I for one would appreciate a few more specifics....I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

• Administrator
for one would appreciate a few more specifics....I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

It's his thread. He can share them or not. Given who you are (or who you play on the Internet) I might keep them to myself too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dont really know what to tell you.  In both swings(the good and bad you say, I have no idea, im just a stupid monkey)  feels are being forced.  The second swing might be closer to my natural swing than the first.  Dont know what else to tell you.

Hey Mike, why do you keep trying to teach me how to swing like Zach Johnson?  5 and 4 ugghh.

Dont really know what to tell you.  In both swings(the good and bad you say, I have no idea, im just a stupid monkey)  feels are being forced.  The second swing might be closer to my natural swing than the first.  Dont know what else to tell you.

Hey Mike, why do you keep trying to teach me how to swing like Zach Johnson?  5 and 4 ugghh.

Yeah I'm not a ZJ swing fan either but I thought that was your model...maybe not.

• Administrator

Yeah I'm not a ZJ swing fan either but I thought that was your model...maybe not.

Zach is used as a model for this particular piece . That doesn't mean that his swing is being shaped to look exactly like Zach in the rest of the motion.

Also, I'm fairly certain he was joking, given his "5 and 4" comment… Zach is of course a multiple winner on the PGA Tour, and a Masters champ at that.

Zach is used as a model for this particular piece. That doesn't mean that his swing is being shaped to look exactly like Zach in the rest of the motion.

Also, I'm fairly certain he was joking, given his "5 and 4" comment… Zach is of course a multiple winner on the PGA Tour, and a Masters champ at that.

It was definitely meant as a joke.  I will never hit the ball as good as Zach Johnson hits it on a bad day.

Sorry I forgot you were doing Evolvrs with Brian. Just watched his analysis and yeah I agree the right right was better.

IMO here's what Brian means by arms too much across the chest. At A3, the hands are too far inside the right shoulder. Pics below are a good example because the arms are still inward but not behind the right shoulder.

lol, sometimes I just go with the first swing I see. I put Sand Trap swing videos in the "Other" section of Analyzr, which is below "Models". So "Zach" is right there ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...
[video]http://youtu.be/YWjVN8scMPM[/video] [video]http://youtu.be/mViNASxCuNg[/video] Still working with Brian on evolvr, but I thought I would post here also for some more feedback.  Im still working on shoulder turn, and keeping my arms more out in front of me.  Let me know what you think needs more work.  Thanks guys.

Looking good dude. Kind of tough to tell from the video, how much are your feet turned out? Generally like to see them flared 20-25 degrees each.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think the feet were getting a little squared up on me.  I got to keep a better eye on that.  Thanks.

I finally got to play a few rounds and the verdict is in.  My miss has been a straight push!  Push with everything driver through 60*.  My good shots are small push draws, and my really bad shot is push slice with the driver.  I can hit an occasional straight hook and even a straight slice with the driver.  Any way, back to the main problem of the push.  Is this mostly a club face issue?  The other thing I am wondering about is if I am not getting enough shoulder rotation(the thing I have been working on all winter).  Could that cause pushes some how?  I've been meaning to get another video posted on evolvr, but it hasnt happened yet.  Thanks

Any thoughts on the push problem @mvmac ?  I played another round last night and still had issues with the straight push.  I either straight pushed it or hit a small push that would hook left of my target.  Still hit a couple push fades as well.  I posted a video to evolvr, but I dont think much has changed since my last video.

Any thoughts on the push problem @mvmac?  I played another round last night and still had issues with the straight push.  I either straight pushed it or hit a small push that would hook left of my target.  Still hit a couple push fades as well.  I posted a video to evolvr, but I dont think much has changed since my last video.

Yeah shaft is too steep at A5, then you have stand the handle up from A6-7, tends to get the face aimed too far right.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!