IGNORED

My Swing (buckshot4227)

buckshot4227
Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok.  I got my evolvr back from Brian, I will work on what he gave me there and see if I can get it straightened out.  Thanks for the reply.  The only thing I would like to see is a dtl view of the drill that Brian gave me to do.  Is there any way I could get one?  Thanks again.

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.  I got my evolvr back from Brian, I will work on what he gave me there and see if I can get it straightened out.  Thanks for the reply.  The only thing I would like to see is a dtl view of the drill that Brian gave me to do.  Is there any way I could get one?  Thanks again.

Something like this

http://instagram.com/p/iCsUarFwAl/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah shaft is too steep at A5, then you have stand the handle up from A6-7, tends to get the face aimed too far right.

Brian gave me the feels of keeping my left shoulder lower and/or my back to the target longer.  I like those, but would another feel be to keep my right elbow lower than my left?  I am still working on keeping my arms more in front of my chest on my back swing and the feel I use is my right elbow staying down and try to point it at the ball.  Seems to work good for me.  If I could stick with a right elbow feel on the down swing I think it would simplify things.

I got rid of the push by getting my right hand more on top of the club.  I have to keep an eye on that as it always seems to find a way to get turned to far under all of the time.  I will still hit an occasional high push/slice and sometimes a low duck hook, if my hands decide to try and save the high push/slice, with my longer clubs.  When these shots happen it feels like my body is pulling up and away from the golf ball.  Are these shots related to me being to steep at A5?  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Better with the head. I like the depth of the arms, much better than the previous swing. Keep doing that but practice it with rotating the forearms much less. Might even feel like you rotate your left forearm counter clockwise, emphasis that it's a feel. Might also feel that the left elbow is pointing towards the ground at A3 (left arm parallel to the ground on the backswing).

I have still been struggling with the straight push and straight push fade lately.  I have weakened my right hand grip(getting it more on top of the club, I have a tendency to let it get way under), and that might be contributing to my push problem.   Yesterday while playing and struggling with the pushes, I got the feeling of turning my left arm(hand) counter clockwise (pointing elbow and hand more towards the ground)on my take away and all the way through my back swing.  I started hitting fairways and greens :dance: .  I am just wondering if this is an ok feeling to have or if it is a band aid to cover up my terrible swing path?   I revisited my swing thread and came across this post.  Would what I am doing on the left cause the club face to roll open compared to what Zach is doing on the right?

I am just wondering if this is an ok feeling to have or if it is a band aid to cover up my terrible swing path?   I revisited my swing thread and came across this post.  Would what I am doing on the left cause the club face to roll open compared to what Zach is doing on the right?

Not sure why you think it would be a band aid. The picture needs to change so you have to feel something different in order to get the shaft pointing at or inside the the ball.

The left pic could result in a face that is too far right or left at impact.

Mike McLoughlin

A 6i swing of me trying to get my back swing steeper.  Don't know if what I am doing here is better or worse than what I normally do.  Thing I like is my hands don't come over the top to start my down swing.  Looking for some input on what others think of this swing compared to my last swing posted here.

My head still comes through the wall and than backs out of the shot on the way down.  I know mvmac has mentioned to me to set up more on my toes and I feel like I am doing that, but am still having troubles with the head moving towards the ball on the back swing and away from the ball in the down swing.  What is causing this?   Thanks as always.

• 3 weeks later...

Things I am working on:

1)  Steady head:  I have a tendency to have it go forward towards my target from A4-5

2)  Shoulder turn:  I tend to not make a full shoulder turn

3)  Getting my arms to come down faster to prevent my left shoulder from getting to high, which causes me to dump my wrist angle early

Think I am making some decent progress.  Looking for some feedback or feels that others have used for these pieces, or other pieces you see that I will need to work on in the future.

Nice work dude! Exactly how I wanted to see the picture change.

Mike McLoughlin

• 10 months later...

Haven't done much constructive practice of late.  The little I have done, I have been focusing on steady head and weight forward.  I am going to try and get more practice in over the next 30 days and try and make some strides.

On these videos I was focusing on shallowing the club from A4 to A5.  I wasn't focusing on steady head or weight forward.  To my untrained eye, those 2 keys dont look that bad?  I am looking for some input and where you guys think my practice should be focused on.

Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!