IGNORED

Other than Tiger, who else is a lock to play well at The Masters ?

MGNJ88
Note: This thread is 4027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is a lock to play well at Augusta. Not even Tiger.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a few bucks on Charl Schwartzel. Playing well right now.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Phil seems to usually play well no matter what form hes in going in

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Originally Posted by k-troop

No one is a lock to play well at Augusta. Not even Tiger.

If Tiger drives it well, he will win.  And it won't be close.  I think he will drive it well.

Having said that, I think Rose will play well.  But other than that, I have no idea.  Snedeker was the hottest guy on tour and coming off injury just missed a cut.  Phil can suck any given week of the year.  Rory finished last season as the best golfer, but appears to be nowhere close to that.

Hunter Mahan may be the only other guy I would have some confidence in playing well.  Hmm, notice an (unintentional) connection there?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

If Tiger drives it well, he will win.  And it won't be close.  I think he will drive it well.

Having said that, I think Rose will play well.  But other than that, I have no idea.  Snedeker was the hottest guy on tour and coming off injury just missed a cut.  Phil can suck any given week of the year.  Rory finished last season as the best golfer, but appears to be nowhere close to that.

Hunter Mahan may be the only other guy I would have some confidence in playing well.  Hmm, notice an (unintentional) connection there?

I think the winner will be an established multiple major winner. This leaves:

Tiger

Phil

Ernie

Vijay

Padraig

Daly, who certainly didn't get an invite.

Rory

Angel

Goosen, who doesn't qualify this year.

Olazabal

I think Vijay might have trouble, but Harrington can make another run if he can put it together, since he's streaky. Tiger and Phil are dangerous on that course any day, Ernie will probably have a chip on his shoulder for not getting in last year, and Rory will, in my opinion, come out swinging. The course sets up best for Rory as he's probably the longest hitter by a good solid club of distance, especially with his long carries and a course that favors a draw. I don't think Cabrera or Olazabal are making a comeback, and the others obviously aren't invited. I think those 5 or some combination of them will be in the mix come Sunday.

Bubba hasn't played much, Oostie I think won't have the same run at it he had last year, Colsaerts or one of the other bombers might win one year, but not this year I think. Especially if Tiger wins this week.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

I think the favourites are Tiger, Adam Scott, Snedeker and Phil.  But nobody is a lock not even Tiger.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Who says Tiger is a lock to play well at The Masters???

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

MGNJ88 says so. Phil is always a threat, but it's really hard to guess in golf. I'd say Tiger, since he's the most consistent.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think the winner will be an established multiple major winner. This leaves: Tiger Phil Ernie Vijay Padraig Daly, who certainly didn't get an invite. Rory Angel Goosen, who doesn't qualify this year. Olazabal I think Vijay might have trouble, but Harrington can make another run if he can put it together, since he's streaky. Tiger and Phil are dangerous on that course any day, Ernie will probably have a chip on his shoulder for not getting in last year, and Rory will, in my opinion, come out swinging. The course sets up best for Rory as he's probably the longest hitter by a good solid club of distance, especially with his long carries and a course that favors a draw. I don't think Cabrera or Olazabal are making a comeback, and the others obviously aren't invited. I think those 5 or some combination of them will be in the mix come Sunday. Bubba hasn't played much, Oostie I think won't have the same run at it he had last year, Colsaerts or one of the other bombers might win one year, but not this year I think. Especially if Tiger wins this week.

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

I did, dammit!

I like a decent named player but no top flight name other than Tiger. I would say a guy like Bill Haas or Matt Kuchar. Just seems like they both are good enough in all facets of the game and have been pretty consistent. I'm totally off the Westwood, Donald, Poulter bandwagon. Its over, they will not win majors.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

They could all win majors because they are good enough.  I would just never consider them money favorites.

Originally Posted by 9424tm

Snedeker

Heh heh heh, dats da guy.  Sccchneee-dee-ker!

Note: This thread is 4027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!