• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iacas

S&T 2.0 DVDs and Pressure/Weight Forward - An Examination

67 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Great info Erik, thanks!

It's shocking to me that a world class (I don't know them, just know that they have PGA tour students) instructor would see that a tour player can vary 10-12% swing to swing and that sounds right to them.

Also that they wouldn't question the data that shows a guy in his finish up over his left foot with his right foot on his toe and think that 50-50 weight makes sense.  I'm glad I never bought those DVD's.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As the kids these days say OMG some people are going to need a change of undergarments.

Great analysis, Erik!  As one who early on questioned the "weight forward all the time" aspect of S&T;, it's good to see it for what it is. This should help convince whatever S&T; bandwagon riders are left here to finally jump off!

Oh,my!

Grant Waite has a beautiful swing.

Excellent work, Erik.

Now I won't try to over-exagerate the weight forward on the backswing. I can "feel" weight forward because I am wary of getting it too far back. But knowing it is natural to have pressure on the back leg at the top is comforting so as not to force a move that is not natural.

As always Erik, A great post, packed with accurate and informative information.

Great work Erik!!!!

+1. To everything.

Really really great post. Well thought out with lots of details, pictures, videos, really great.

Thanks for posting Erik, well researched.  Like everything we do on this site, from equipment reviews, to analyzing swings, to sharing good information, it's all done to help people learn and make informed decisions.  When people are trying to learn, expand their understanding, nothing should be off limits from in-depth examination.  This is how it works in the sciences.  This post is a serious exploration of the numbers of weight/pressure and how they stack up with what really happens.  I'm sure this thread will anger some people but this is just a peer review with the goal of furthering knowledge. We can all learn from one another and the day we stop learning...it's time to call it quits.

Anyway, also known as, "killing the father".

I'd like to thank Dave Wedzik, with whom I've talked most about this and who has done almost as much in researching this as I have, as well as Mike McLoughlin and James Hirshfield.

I've said it before, but I taught Erik everything he knows about the golf swing... :)

Originally Posted by colin007

I've said it before, but I taught Erik everything he knows about the golf swing... :)

Thanks. I appreciate all I've learned from you.

I'm a reading nut and I absolutely loved this info well done to all. I'm not an expert but would you consider this info to show that right sided centered pivot the most efficient way to swing the club? In my own investigation into SnT it seems that it's a left sided swing putting the spine in an unatural position at the top because of the emphasis on staying left. To my my mind it feels perfectly natural to stay central in the swing but it doesn't feel right to force myself to stay left for the entire swing. I actually tried a few swings in the SnT method,and my head did go down and forward. Obviously no one there to coach me but it felt physically hard to do. I know you guys would not teach a one plane swing as Ritter,Zander,LaBauve, or Hardy would but the nuts and bolts of this data reaffirm my own swing for me. If I diligently practice I only expect to get better. Thankyou as good as anything I have read on golf.

Great post Erik.  This is the part of SnT that I always had trouble with. It felt as if I was falling forward if I tried to get my weight forward at A4.  My swing was also pretty steep, with deep divots and it made the driver AoA too steep.  The ball came out low with all clubs.

At some point last year Mike had me focus more on weight forward at impact and staying centered during the backswing.  This felt much more natural to me.  The low point moved forward, the swing became less steep and I got more consistent contact.  Perhaps I was missing the point or ove-rexaggerating the SnT lesson.  But I have improved more with the 5SK approach.

Originally Posted by Brakkus

Thankyou as good as anything I have read on golf.

Thank you, Brakkus.

We put this information together because, at the end of the day, it's about making golfers better . By understanding what good golfers actually do, and getting good, accurate information, both instructors and players can get better, faster.

The greatest instructors pair awesome information with a great personality and communication. This is but one side of that equation.