IGNORED

What is the BEST Golf Instructional Book Ever?

Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I probably posted this before, but will do it again anyways. One of the better books a golfer can own is their own little book of notes that they can refer back to as needed. Notes they have accumulated (jotted down)  over the years as they progressed through their own game. Both good, and bad notes can be of help to the golfer. What's even better is that most folks will understand their own notes, more so than the same info written a different way by others. :smartass:

I have 40+ years of golf notes myself. It's kind of nice to be able to retrace my steps as I marched through my own game of golf all these years. Most are my own, but quite a few are from what I have read about, from others over the past years. Nothing hard about it.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I probably posted this before, but will do it again anyways.

You never answered my questions in post #59.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The one that works best for you.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 6 months later...
On August 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM, MANthrax said:

I like what EA Tischler is saying but I have one big question.  How do I know what my bio mechanical swing is right for my particular build?  I'm afraid it will say I'm something other than what "I am now" and have to change it.  And is this guy just selling books or is he the real deal?  I don't want to invest the time making a swing change if this is just snake oil.  Did you change  your swing after reading his material or did you just accept how you're swinging now and went from there?

E.A. Is the real deal. I have several of his ebooks and watch all the video instruction he provides. Via his methods, it is reasonable to conclude that he advocates the "no two swings are the same " approach and has developed a well thought road map of swing discovery. Awareness of your own biomechanics is critical to feel via mechanics or positional alignments. I think he has come the closest, thus far, in deciphering the near indecipherable TGM. Further he has boiled down the quadrillion combinations of TGM's swing construction into manageable slash understandable functions. 

Additionally, his test methods for Biomechanics identity, while much better served with a personal lesson from E.A. or one of his certified instructors, can be discovered using his ebooks in concert with the several videos available for free. His respect for, though not limited to, TGM thus Homer Kelley is apparent. I believe he has the most coherent method of TGM translation and has left them in the dust. The WTF of angled hinging is one of a few examples of TGM WTF's. If you know what I mean. 

Also, very rarely ( Mike Austin, may be the exception ) does a golfer have the same swing for a whole career. Swing re- inventions are inevitable, age, flexibility and so forth. You are a low double digit handicapper, so you are very aware that even minor adjustments have a huge impact. Try it and see for yourself.  

Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!