IGNORED

2013 Valero Texas Open Thread (Beware - Spoilers)

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 4034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings ... First item of interest is no spoiler -- Rory McIlroy has committed to play in next week's Valero Texas Open. Click-on here (»») for the [url=http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/valero-texas-open/field.html][b]Texas Open Field[/b][/url] Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

Still lots of golf to be played but Rory seems to have found something.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

funny that this thread is relatively quiet - no Tiger - lack of interest?

No kidding, my post was the first in a week. LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Horschel looks very confident this week, great streak of cuts made going here.  As for Rory he seems up and down, flashes of good but still has been missing right.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Horschel should win this one - unless something happens to him between the ears during the final round.

Still can't believe the bounce-back after shooting 85 a couple of weeks ago. I know that was probably a fluke/freak score due to one really bad John-Daly type hole.

Horschel should win this one - unless something happens to him between the ears during the final round.

I'd be more surprised if something didn't happen to him. Unexperienced players in that position can end badly. No way the same as Tiger in that position.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Too bad to see Hoffman kinda fade out.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Final round 63, amazing.

This just shows again how deep the Tour is these days. Laird was playing like crap the whole season and looked like a world beater today. I think that's a good example why the all time PGA Tour win record should carry more weight than it does now.

Note: This thread is 4034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!