IGNORED

Pulling new irons

oldjock
Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the range today to finally try out my new Mizuno JPX 825 pros. They felt great but I pulled 90% of my shots left of target. I had the Mizuno fitting and the rep. put a +2 degree lie angle as a recommendation. My old irons (Snake Eyes) were standard lie.

Now I am wondering, should I change the swing mechanics or have the new irons adjusted back to standard lie.

Your not tring to hit them an more distance are you because you will pull if your old clubs were good not sure why you would want to change and if you weren't pulling before why do you think changing your swing no good keep your same swing it's your swing and it works for you it's the new irons mate my option is titleist make the best irons all the titleist 690 to now 695 cb are fantastic

Your not tring to hit them an more distance are you because you will pull if your old clubs were good not sure why you would want to change and if you weren't pulling before why do you think changing your swing no good keep your same swing it's your swing and it works for you it's the new irons mate my option is titleist make the best irons all the titleist 690 to now 695 cb are fantastic

Do you have one of those fancy 26 character keyboards? That is the only explanation for not using any punctuation.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

As for the irons, how much pull are we talking? Are we talking starting down the target line and then leaking, drifting right, or is the ball starting left of the target and going further left? The upright bend of the clubs would cause the heel of the club to dig in and that could be closing the face, but it could be other things as well, including offset causing you to setup the club differently. One last question, are the clubs stock outside of being bent? Maybe see if you can borrow a demo 6 iron and take it to the range and hit 10-15 balls with it and yours and see the difference.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

Yeah good on ya looks like your golf gone to shit not mine

What? [IMG]http://www.quoteee.com/modules/upload/attachments/428551_387082048019946_819904538_n.jpg[/IMG]

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Originally Posted by oldjock

Went to the range today to finally try out my new Mizuno JPX 825 pros. They felt great but I pulled 90% of my shots left of target. I had the Mizuno fitting and the rep. put a +2 degree lie angle as a recommendation. My old irons (Snake Eyes) were standard lie.

Now I am wondering, should I change the swing mechanics or have the new irons adjusted back to standard lie.

I assume the "fitter" had you hit shots off of a lie board to determine that you need +2 degree lies. If not he should have.

It's easy enough to put some tape on the bottom of your clubs and hit them off of a lie board (a piece of plastic, hard rubber, or even an actual board), and see if the center of the club is what's impacting the lie board. If the tape shows that the toe is impacting the lie board they need to be more upright and if the heel is impacting the lie board they need to be flatter.

There are other things that could be going on as well.

The new clubs could have a different MOI and/or swing weight, or different shaft dynamics from your old irons.

I would check the lies on a lie board before I went on a bending spree.

MOI and swing weight can be altered by using lead tape if that turns out to be a factor. Or maybe you were just having a bad day today.

The old irons were 15 years old and I thought some new technology would help my game (12 handicap) move to the next level. Yes, the club fitter had me hit on a board. During the testing phase there was a very slight straight pull and the fitter said that would be corrected by a mid size grip, which I normally play.

Thank you all for your help (except the egotistical Aussie who must play a lot of singles). I have decided to have the irons checked for spec's to ensure that they are correct. Then dynamic lie testing with impact stickers and a sharpie line on the ball.

I love the feel of these Mizuno's and I expected  a change with a bit of a learning curve. I''l get it sorted out shortly.

Keep them on the fairway.

Oldjock

After one bucket of balls, I would hardly think you need to change your swing mechanics nor immediately run back to the shop and have the clubs bent. Could have just been adrenaline from the excitement of new clubs. mizuno is top notch by the way. Just relax and play. After a few weeks you will know.

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!