• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sacman

driver grip vs. iron grip

8 posts in this topic

I play with a weaker left handed grip for my driver than I do my irons. Should I have the same grip for all of my clubs? I find that I am not as consistent with my driver and am trying to remedy it. Any thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Funny, I have a stronger grip with my driver (very strong, 3-4 knuckle) and a weaker grip with Irons (close to neutral). I'm a pretty bad player, but I will slice my driver to narnia if I weaken the grip position to neutral or weaker. I don't have the same problem with irons. I can hit those relatively straight with a neutral grip. I can't say if better players have the same grip for all clubs, or try to. I know I don't.

I play about 3 knuckles on my driver and two on my irons if not nuetral. I hit my irons pretty well but my driver drives me up the wall.

I use the same grip on everything from my driver down to lob wedge.

I would recommend keeping the same grip on all shots.  I like a neutral to slightly strong grip.  Only time I would ever change it is on pitch shots, can go weaker.

Awards and Achievements

Having the same grip is probably easier and more consistent, but whatever works for you I guess. I use the same grip on every club except the putter.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mvmac

I would recommend keeping the same grip on all shots.  I like a neutral to slightly strong grip.  Only time I would ever change it is on pitch shots, can go weaker.

I would agree with Mike. No big reason to change the grip it would only create an inconsistency and may cause the hands to be too active/inactive if you have 2 or more grips. Having the same grip will help insure the hands work in a consistent way in swing.

I play the same grip, just feels right

Awards and Achievements