IGNORED

The secret grip

Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Legality?  Don't really know, but a lot of pros use lead tape e.t.c.  also not to forget Sarazen and the use of lead to create the Sand Wedge.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

just a follow up on the 16 cent backweight. Taping the coins seems to hold up so far. The club seems a little more balanced to me, but perhaps only imaginary. Realizing also there is a little more to "The Secret" than 17 grams of counter weight, the grip itself is heavier and would have a direct effect on swing weight. In any event, it "seems" to help. I have been on the course several times and no problems with tape coming off. Also it is noteworthy to say my grips are Golfpride Tour Wraps and not corded and therefore the feel of the tape is not much different than the grip itself. I do not even notice it is there.  I do like the extra inch or so of shaft length. but have not noticed much difference in gained yardage. As for increased control, the jury is still out. But I can say there is no feeling of "less" control. .

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
It's not just the 17 gram tungsten weight at the butt of the grip. These grips are made of heavier material (about 40%) than average grips. Therefore, the nickels and pennies won't be enough. :-D

• Administrator

It's not just the 17 gram tungsten weight at the butt of the grip. These grips are made of heavier material (about 40%) than average grips. Therefore, the nickels and pennies won't be enough.

Do you have a postal scale or something that you could use to weigh the grip to share the total weight?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

According to the Boccieri website, they spec the grips as follows:

The Secret Grip for swing clubs is available in two sizes (Standard and Midsize).

(I read on the Dick's Sporting Goods site that the swing club weight is 92g for the Standard size.)

The Secret Grip for putters is available in three sizes (Classic, Midsize and Jumbo) and three weights (100g, 155g and 165g).

I did not independently verify these weights. I hope this information is useful.

Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!