IGNORED

The most holes/rounds you have played with 1 ball, or not lost a ball?

grubby98
Note: This thread is 4010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am just curious.  I played 2 rounds last Saturday and 2 rounds this past Saturday.  I used the same ball for all 4 rounds.  I shot 82, 82, 82, 79.  Consistent, but my short game is really sucking right now.

So mine would be 72 Holes.  It is a ProV1 and really doesn't look to bad.  Hoping to get another 2 rounds out of it.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I have never played a full round with one ball.....I always lose it in a water hazard or in the woods.  The longest I've used a ball I would say would be about 8-10 holes.  On average I lose anywhere from 2 - 6 balls per round

4 rounds and counting for you, impressive.  I have never kept track of that particular stat.  I have played the same ball long enough for the ball to get a bit fuzzy.  Once that occurs, I drop it into the shag bag and start with a fresh one.  Most of the time I don't wear a ball out before I lose it.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by grubby98

I am just curious.  I played 2 rounds last Saturday and 2 rounds this past Saturday.  I used the same ball for all 4 rounds.  I shot 82, 82, 82, 79.  Consistent, but my short game is really sucking right now.

So mine would be 72 Holes.  It is a ProV1 and really doesn't look to bad.  Hoping to get another 2 rounds out of it.

I don't actually know ... but probably not much.  I played 2 rounds this weekend without losing a ball ... which is rare for me.

Considering that I last lost a ball on the ninth hole of my round previous to that, I am on a current streak of 45 holes without a lost ball.

Since I have no recollection prior to that, and I tend to lose a ball once a round or so, I'll call my current streak my longest streak.

Although I don't know specifically, I've definitely made it the better part of 2 rounds.  And that one would have been in rough shape.  Even if I don't lose one, it seems to always be pretty scuffed by the 15th or so.  Cart paths, trees, wedges?  Not sure, but I can't imagine what it would look like after 4 rounds.  Then again I don't hover in the low 80's like that either.

Maybe a couple of rounds.

If they would eliminate the island green on the course I usually play I wouldn't lose many except for when my "Tin Cup" mentality kicks in and I think I'm superman.

We always play a scramble match on Saturdays after our regular rounds and that's where I lose the most balls by trying to hit the ball farther than I can hit it. Doesn't do much good in a scramble to try to hit a nice little 260 yard drive in the fairway when a teammate already has one in the fairway at 280 yards. That's when I usually hit a ball OB into the next county to the right.

I should of retired it after 2 but played a practice round with a buddy getting ready for our masters scramble in a few weeks and didn't loose it. Then I thought how long can I go.  I'm sure it will be gone next round.  We have 6 holes with lots of water and then 6 holes with woods and OB left.

Well, although I can't say that I've played the same ball for 4 consecutive rounds, I've certainly played 4 consecutive rounds without losing a ball.  I finish a round and the ball goes in my bag with 5 or 6 others in the pocket.  Next time I pull one out to start the round.  Don't really know if it's the same ball or not.  I don't retire a ball until it's got a significant scuff mark or it's lost.

My wedges don't damage balls - I have the new legal grooves in all but my 54° and 56° and they are never used for full swings.  I had 3 Vokeys and got rid of them when they chewed up balls so badly.  I have no need for clubs that do that.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I got to sixteen a couple rounds ago and then on my second shot on the 17th hole I found water! Not any old water BUT the kind of water that only a foot in from the edge drops to deeper than the Marianas trench! :)

Also, got to the 15th the other day without losing a ball when I thinned a wedge shot half way across the county and once again found water!

Today, though, is the day I go a full round without losing a ball! :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Last year I played multiple rounds with the same ball a few times.  I think I made it almost three full rounds once.  That is with Vokey wedges and a ProV1.  I will play with some scuffing.  It doesn't seem to affect the flight much.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Except for 1 round where I shot a 94 (think I lost 3 that day), lately I have been consistently putting balls in the practice bucket because I'm not losing them and they're getting beat up. I'm guessing I played 5-6 rounds in the last few weeks without losing a ball. So why aren't my scores going lower?!

dak4n6

Like fourputt, my balls from any given round just go back into the bag afterwards, so I couldn't definitively say how many rounds with one ball. But, I know I've played a couple of rounds recently without losing a ball. One I know I played with the same ball without hitting into water or losing it. The other I managed to fish it out of the water, so technically I'm counting it.

i've played 3 rounds with the same two balls(i'll switch them out between holes every few holes)  One caught a tree and finally got a little cut in the cover but was still playable.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Today...is...NOT...they day I go around without losing a ball! Then again, I only lost two which in itself is still a good result for me :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Well got to play again today and played 2 more rounds.  Shot 80 and 81.  Same ball, it is now retired after 108 holes.  The white color is gone and then the black ink is hard to see on most of the ball.  Should of retired a long time ago but thought it be fun to find out.  I would play very smart the last few rounds to not loose it, probably cost me a few strokes, but I did have a few 2 chip and some 3 putt holes.  Its time to practice that short game.

I don't keep track of that stat, but I would say I lose a ball every 45 - 54 holes. I have over a thousand scuffed, cart path marked, or other flight diversion marked balls in my garage. When I played Balata, I would use a three ball rotation through the round or down to two if I lost one. Then came Urethane covers and with my V grooves, one ball became my routine. Now with square grooves in most wedges and 4 sets of my irons, three - five piece non wound balls can last from 4 holes to 4 rounds. I find more balls than I lose, if the ball is perfect, then I put it in one of the ball pockets of my bag, if imperfect in any way, it goes into the box in the garage. My course is penal, 15 holes with OB, six of those on both sides, 8 holes with water in play, 76.1 / 142 from the tips. You learn to hit it straight, distance is good, but not at the expense of control.

I don't lose many golf balls. I put a couple rounds on a ProV1 and then toss it in the short game bag. I looked back at my stats its been 8 rounds since I had a penalty stroke. Can't remember if that was a lost ball or not.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 4010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!