IGNORED

Kraft Nabisco Championship Preview & Pairings

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After a very exciting start to the season, the LPGA will be staging its first major championship this week with the playing of the Kraft Nabisco Championship.

This will be the first of five major championships this year. The United States will be trying to break Asia's streak of seven consecutive major championship victories. For more on that see my blog on Asian dominance.

Winning a major championship can go a long way towards achieving the LPGA's most prestigious awards at season's end. Player of the Year points and Rookie of the Year points are doubled for major championships.

This will be tournament number 6 of 28 on this year's schedule.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/kraft-nabisco-championship-preview.html

Here are the leaders after round 1.

1 Na Yeon Choi -4 F
1 Suzann Pettersen -4 F
1 Jodi Ewart Shadoff -4 F
4 Amy Yang -3 F
4 Anna Nordqvist -3 F
6 Inbee Park -2 F
6 Giulia Sergas -2 F
6 Angela Stanford -2 F
6 Jane Park -2 F
6 Jacqui Concolino -2 F
6 Caroline Masson -2 F
6 Lizette Salas -2 F
6 Moriya Jutanugarn -2 F
6 Jessica Korda -2 F
6 Jiyai Shin -2 F
6 Hee Young Park -2 F

I read Stacy Lewis tripled a par three.  Still, she is only 5 off the lead.  If the wind kicks up, it will get really tricky out there.  I watched bit last night and will watch again.  The greens look really firm too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The second round of the Kraft Nabisco Championship saw the best of the LPGA's players rise to the top of the leader board. Inbee Park, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, Na-Yeon Choi, Stacy Lewis, Jiyai Shin and Ai Miyazato are all within striking distance of the lead.

Here is the full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/big-names-rise-to-top-in-second-round.html

It does look ridiculous.  But she is putting better.  Still, it is all in her head.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I want to look away everytime I see 90 degree Michelle step in

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Will anyone be able to catch Inbee Park? Inbee extended her Kraft Nabisco Championship lead to three shots, shooting her second consecutive 67 for a three day total of 12 under par. Lizette Salas, who shot a 69, is her closest pursuer 3 shots back.

Read full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/inbee-park-extends-lead-in-3rd-round-of.html

I am pulling for Salas.  Great story about her upbringing and her Dad.  Korda and Peterson were coming on strong too.  They said that Paula Creamer was ill, but still playing well.  Inbee Park's swing defies all logic that she can play that well.  I am hoping the wind kicks up to make it more difficult.  12 under for a Major is too low.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Before the 2013 season started I posted my top 30 predictions for LPGA Player of the Year.
My pick as winner was none other than Inbee Park. Inbee is making me look very good now, winning her second tournament already this year.

Inbee won this season's first major championship quite easily, with a 4 stroke victory over So Yeon Ryu.
The issue was never in doubt. Starting the day with a 3 stroke lead over Lizette Salas, and a 6 stroke lead over six other golfers, Inbee put an end to this championship very early. Inbee birdied the first hole while Salas would record a double bogey, and the three stroke lead became six very quickly. From there on in everyone else would be playing for second place. The only question was how many strokes ahead of the field she would be when she jumped into Poppie's Pond.

For full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/inbee-park-eases-her-way-to-kraft.html

Her putting was off the charts good and her approach shots were almost perfect.  Her poise was great as well.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!