IGNORED

Bubba and his hover cart!

jshots
Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just saw this on Deadspin and think it's really a pretty genius idea.

I can't see it becoming mainstream with what I can only assume are high costs, but if you factor in cost of wear and tear that carts put on courses, who knows.

The small, recreational hovercraft that I've seen are LOUD.  Unless they find a way to quiet them up a lot, I don't think it'll catch on.

Gotta be a lot of fun to goof around on, but then, we have enough goofballs driving carts like maniacs as it is.  Now let's turn them all loose in the hazards and on the greens and hope for the best?  Don't think so....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I would imagine they're loud (notice we didn't hear any "real" sounds during the video) and likely not very energy (gas or battery) efficient.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm sure Bubba has been working very hard on this "project".  Interesting video though.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

man that would be awesome.  and he's right, every time i take a cart out i try to have as much fun as it as i am playing actual golf.  take it to a whole new level with the ability to drive over a lake!

Originally Posted by iacas

I would imagine they're loud (notice we didn't hear any "real" sounds during the video) and likely not very energy (gas or battery) efficient.

This.  It can't be very quiet or efficient to move that much air.  And the cost would be crazy I would think.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I could see Trump or some other Billionaire, with stacks of bills laying around buying one, and using it on their own course.  But highly doubt this could ever become manufacturable; cost effective enough to make sense within a production environment.

In order to be successful, they would need to make/sell these for a slight premium over the existing club cars. Basically they would need to get this hover cart in the sub $20K range... Closer to $12K to make sense.  And I find that to be a difficult task, and one that is highly unlikely.

I can't wait to go to the course in my flying car and cruising around the course in my hovercraft....that will be awesome.

Players play, tough players win!

That's awesome.  If I had lots of money to burn I would get one.  I have a feeling I wouldn't play much golf at first but have lots of fun driving over water.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

One of the downsides I see is that it looks like it would be a much bigger chore getting in and out of that thing compared to a normal cart.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

lol I can see the drunks flying through sand traps with this thing, creating sand storms and messes all over the course. Also doing donuts in any/every pond would be pretty annoying. I'll be damned if I'm setting up on the other side of a hazard if I have to hear a hover craft on the lake behind me while the guys are waiting for me to play my shot so they can cross the lake.

Hilarious idea, but it will never be mainstream.

How much do you guys (and gals) want to guess that hovercraft costs?

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!