IGNORED

Bubba and his hover cart!

jshots
Note: This thread is 1454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thought I heard him say $16k in an interview, but here is one listed for $32k. [URL=https://www.neoterichovercraft.com/shop/shopDetail.php?partNumber=01874&offset;=240]https://www.neoterichovercraft.com/shop/shopDetail.php?partNumber=01874&offset;=240[/URL]

Originally Posted by ace3g

more Bubba!!!

guy is crazy talented even right handed

Very cool.  Dubsdread is our local muni down in Orlando.  Tough, tight par 70 course.  Just keeping it in play is a challenge on some of those holes!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OMFG...Dubsdread! My home course (well, it was when I lived in Orlando). Great track. Oh man...to have given anything to have been there when Bubba showed up.

I'm left-handed, and at 1:37 of that vid was a flashback - that's how I learned to play as a kid - I would take my dad's right-handed 5-iron & flip it over so the toe was on the ground.

(BTW, that was the 10th tee where Bubba tried to join that group).

for all of you worrying...the creators of this hovercraft said they won't be on golf courses any time soon :)

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Wouldn't mind having one of these in my garage !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I want one so bad haha..

In the Bag 2013:

Driver:  FT-9 Draw i-Mix 10.5*

3 Wood:  R11s 15.5*

3 Hybrid:  Idea Tech V3 19*

Irons (4-PW):  ZB Forged

Wedges:  Tom Watson PVD; 52.07*, 56.13*, 60.07*

Putter:  White Ice #1 33"

Here are the details behind the hovercraft. Basically a publicity stunt by Oakley. Looks like this may be seen again on golf courses not for cart duties but for branding.

I don't get what Oakley gets out of this, but marketing... It's all in the secret sauce, eh?

http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/106828-the-real-story-behind-bubba-watsons-hovercraft

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

for all of you worrying...the creators of this hovercraft said they won't be on golf courses any time soon :)

Not so fast...

Quote:

Windy Knoll Golf Club in Springfield, Ohio, will become the first course in the United States to have two hovercraft carts available for public use.

“We wanted to be able to offer something no other course could,” said Pete Duffey, the course's managing director. “A way to further put Windy Knoll Golf Club on the map of public destination golf courses. It was an easy decision. When we saw them on YouTube, we said ‘We gotta have those!’”

Each hovercraft is made by Neoteric Golf Hovercraft and will be similar to those used by the U.S. Air Force and at DisneyWorld.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 6 years later...
  • Administrator

That's not new (2016), but I don't know if it's been posted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!